Prologue

The world continued without him. Ever since our break up, I became a mess. I didn't let anybody in my life ever again because if I let somebody in, I am more afraid of the damage they'll find than any potential damage they may cause. It shouldn't have had to end like this, but if it ended any differently, it would be worse.

I found it hard to move on and rant to anyone because i felt so stupid knowing i have a reputation of never getting my heart broken.

Good thing my family and friends were here to support me.

"Scarlett, hey! Were you listening?" my best friend Selena interrupted me. I didn't even realize I was daydreaming already. Selena has been my best friend since I was in high school and since we picked the same course, we were inseparable.

"Oh, my god! Are you still thinking about him? Look babe, he's handsome and all but you guys already broke up for good a long time ago so what's the point?" said Selena nonstop. It's true. We broke up because we were both too busy back in college so we ended it. It's probably for the good though. If we didn't end things between us earlier, we wouldn't be here where we are right now.

"How about you stop thinking about him for once and let's just go to the new club across the street. Heard they got great drinks there that will definitely help you get over him. What do you think hm?" Selena suggested while sitting on my desk. We were the only one left here at the office. I am now the CEO of my father's company.

"Sorry babe but I have to finish this first. You have unfinished work too. Why don't you focus on that instead of looking for guys to make out with." I replied, rolling my eyes. Selena is just as busy as me but she makes it look like she never get stressed from all the work by going to different clubs every day.

"Oh, come on! Ngayon lang, pleaseee. It'll be an advantage for both of us 'cause you'll be forgetting about him and I'll find more boys to 'you know'. " she winked at me and laughed. Before I could even answer, she suddenly pulled my hand and dragged me to that club she's talking about. Not going to lie, it looks really cool.

"Woah this is so awesome! I'm so going here every day." said Selena excitedly. She already reserved a table for us so it won't be that hard to find a table probably because the club is packed.

"I'll order drinks for us just wait there. It's all on me." she added. At first, I refused to let her pay but since she insisted, I just let her. The table that she reserved was the VIP one. I didn't even know why she picked this. It's not like she has more people to go here with except for me since all of our other friends were busy.

While I was waiting for her someone approached me. "Ayo, Scarlett ikaw ba yan? What's up!" said Shawn while walking towards me.

It's not a surprise that he's here because we sometimes bump into each other every time I go to a club. He's literally everywhere. He probably noticed that I was looking for someone.

"Sorry, wala si Zane dito. He was supposed to be here pero he cancelled last minute. Busy eh" He laughed.

"Oh, no! I wasn't looking for him! Anyway, what are you doing here. As far as I know your law firm is far away from here, right?" I changed the topic because I don't want him to think I was actually looking for him.

"Hey Scarlett, sino kausap mo? Oh, hey Shawn! Long time no see." Sel casually greeted him. While they were talking, I decided to excuse myself to go to the restroom to freshen up. The restroom was near the entrance that means I can see who enters the club. While I was waiting, I saw someone enter the club from my peripheral vision. It was him.

Zane.

No, it can't be true. I was probably imagining stuff. No way he's here.

After I finished using the restroom, I immediately went back to our table.

"Oh, anong nangyari sa 'yo? You looked like you've seen a ghost." Selena laughed. "Or did you?" she added while dramatically covering her mouth with her hand. Shawn probably already left because he wasn't here anymore.

I didn't want to tell her that I've seen Zane because she probably won't believe me and maybe I really am just paranoid or maybe because I'm afraid that it was true and that I might be able to see him after 6 years.

Oh, God this was stressing me out.

"Come on let's drink!" I told her as if nothing happened. She was confused but just agreed since she also wanted to drink. I thought that if I drink alcohol, I would forget everything that happened.

When we were already tipsy, I pulled Selena with me to dance. It's the perfect time! The song was good too. While we were dancing, she excused herself to go to the restroom so I was now left alone.

Few moments later, some random guy gave me a glass of whiskey and since I was already tipsy, I just accepted it. While I was dancing, I felt a slight pain in my head. That guy probably drugged my drink! I couldn't even stand properly because of the pain I'm feeling.

Before I could even think, I lost balance and almost fainted but the thing is, I didn't touch the floor.

Huh?

Someone was holding me. My vision was blurry but I know damn well who that person is.

Zane.

"Are you okay?" Said the person who I never thought I'd see again. Am I dreaming? Is this true? The guy I broke up with 6 years ago is now in front of me?

I felt anxiety in my stomach like a hollow pit, I stepped back, but this time there is no one to save me nor any ground to stop the fall. I never thought I'd see the reflections of my past staring at me through his eyes.

^_^