Chapter 4

"OMG. Wait, so you're close pala with Celeste Liu?!" Amara practically screamed at me through the phone.

It was another morning again and I was planning to visit my parents sa company instead of shopping. Me and the girls are on a video call right now while I'm getting ready.

"You didn't know? Matagal na." I told her.

"Sobrang ganda nya! I heard she's masungit daw sabi sa internet?" Veronica said that made me gasp. How dare they talk about Celeste like that. She's so sweet!

"No, what the hell. She's like an angel kaya. She's actually even nicer than me." I chuckled while removing the curlers from my hair.

"Everyone's nicer than you." Selena teased me.

"I hate you," I replied before hanging up. I'm already set, I just need to find an outfit. It's currently 9 am right now and I still haven't eaten anything.

In the end, I wore a black ruffled halter top and a pair of white trousers partnered with black kitten heels and a white Hermes Kelly.

After getting ready, I then went downstairs and got my keys. I made sure to ask my parent's secretary what coffee my mom and dad preferred before heading out.

After getting the coffee I ordered, I went straight to the company. After a few minutes, I finally arrived. There was a bit of traffic but it wasn't long. As I was heading to the office, I heard muffled voices.

"Miss Scarlett's here! Clean up!"

"OMG. Nandito si Miss Scarlett?"

"Hala, should I get coffee?"

When I went inside their moods suddenly changed and became more calm as if nothing happened.

"Good morning, Miss Scarlett."

"Oh, Welcome Miss Scarlett."

"Good day, Miss Scarlett."

"Hi, good morning to all of you," I replied. The secretary then went up to me.

"I'm so sorry Miss Scarlett I was doing something so I hadn't been able to escort you here earlier." Said Alicia, the secretary. I asked her where my parents were and she led me to them.

"Excuse me, Mr. De Loughrey, your daughter is here to see you." She stated before leaving us alone. My dad and my mom have separate offices and Alicia led me to my dad.

"Hey, Dad. I got you coffee. Where's Mom?" I kissed him on the cheek before putting the coffee on his desk.

"Ah, my princess. Your mom's in her office. Let me call her." He replied then called Alicia to get Mom and say I'm here.

"So what brings you here, Ami?" He sipped on his coffee while signing some papers.

"I just wanted to visit."

"Oh okay. Did you go furniture shopping already?

"Yeah, yesterday."

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've given you my card."

I was about to reply when I heard the door open.

"Darling! So glad to see you here." My mom hugged me.

"Hi, Mom. I got you coffee." I handed her the coffee and she immediately thanked me.

"Ah, before I forget, There's an event tomorrow for the collaboration of our company and Alonzo Corp. so you better be there." My mom reminded me before heading out because she has a meeting to attend.

I was getting bored so I told my dad that I'd go out. I bid him goodbye before heading out. While I was walking, someone called. Before I could answer, I bumped into someone who made my phone fall from my hands.