Chapter 2

We were walking down the street holding a cone of ice cream as the people kept passing by. My class were already finished so Zane thought it would be a good idea to roam around outside. I already told Selena that I'll be going out but I didn't tell her who I'm going out with.

"I didn't know you study here." I said, trying to make a conversation. I mean, who wouldn't be awkward? I literally dumped him last night thinking I will never see him again but here he is beside me.

"Yeah, I do." He answered.

"So, football huh?" I awkwardly said.

"Why don't we talk about a more important thing?" He interrupted me.

"Why did you dump me last night?" He added.

"What? No, I didn't"

"Yes, you did."

"Okay, maybe I did pero I have a valid reason kaya!"

I defended myself. It was literally 2:00 am and your best friend was having a dance battle with random people! Who wouldn't leave?! He just nodded and we continued walking.

As the time went by, I didn't realize that I was already late for class. I immediately ran back as fast as I could, leaving him hanging again. I didn't have a choice, okay? I didn't even say a word to him and just ran. I don't care if I'm wearing heels, I can't be late!

When I arrived in the classroom, the professor wasn't there yet. Good!

"Where the hell have you been!" Selena said with furrowed brows.

"I told you I went out." I replied, sitting on my chair.

"It's a good thing wala pa 'yong professor or else you're dead!" She scolded me as if she's my mom. I lost track of time, okay?

When the class ended, we just decided to go to a nearby coffee shop down the street. Lovers Café. It was honestly so good! It was minimalist and calming. Perfect place for studying. It was also near the condos which is a good thing because I'm planning on getting one. I can't stand our house. It's so big yet it's so lonely. I'll just tell them that I need privacy and plus, I'm already a college student anyway.

"This café looks so nice! I hope their food and drinks are good too." I told Selena. She already spotted a table so we went there before other people could get it.

"You want to know a fact?" She asked me while looking around and putting her bag down.

"Sure." I replied before drinking from my water bottle.

"Zane owns this café."

I choked on my water. What in the world of coincidence?! Selena looked worried as she handed me a napkin.

"You literally know half of the population here in Manila yet you don't know anything about Zane?" She laughed. It was obvious she was judging me.

I just told her to order the drinks already. Oh my God what if he's here? What if he sees me sitting here? It's really not the best time for casual talks. That would honestly be so awkward! I just told Selena that I would order the drinks. She looked confused at first but then told me her order. When I arrived at the counter I was looking for my card in my bag because I insisted that I would pay.

"One Venti Iced Americano, One Venti Iced Matcha Latte and a slice of the blueberry cheesecake. For here please." I said while looking for my card. "Is that all ma'am? Can I get the name?" He replied. That voice is familiar.

When I looked up, I was right. It was Zane. He probably arrived here earlier than us. He was wearing a white polo with an apron around his body and brown slacks.