Chapter 17 :The Otherwise

Two weeks, all forces under the White Star's leadership have prepared and gathered every strong individuals to join the experiment into merging dead manas with different potion from the alchemy.

Dark elves, black mages, bears, lions, vampires, and dwarves.

Although, vampires had gathered by the White Star's order, they are a different faction compared to other beast tribes. Duke Fredo, the White Star's right hand and the one who takes charge of Endable kingdom whenever he wasn't around.

There was another faction that neither the White Star nor the other tribes besides the vampires know about. It was Fredo's. He who desired for the kingdom's liberation under the White Star's wings.

Since the previous battle against Cale Henituse's group the last month, everyone in the Endable was shocked after hearing how the White Star had almost fainted while fighting head on with Cale Henituse.

This event made the leaders and high ranking nobles under the White Star to panic, they have soon sent people to ambush Cale's group which put them in this situation.

They have declared a war. To be more precise, Cale's group had provoked the nobles and leaders of various tribes in the Endable kingdom.

A marquis of the kingdom felt utterly ashamed and flared up in frustration after seeing how those people who was sent came back empty handed and in a worst state of condition.

Thus, they called everyone to a attend the banquet hall and discussed the plan to eliminate Cale Henituse.

Two weeks, it is now time to accomplish their goal of eliminating the Hero.

Everything is on set. Hundreds, no,  thousands of soldiers of various race field the entire kingdom. The nobles own brigades which adds up to the hundreds of bears multiple to that of the lions and dark elves as well as black mages and other races born with darkness attribute.

After one week, White Star soon showed himself to the people of Endable. He grab this chance with the nobles to concede with him the opportunity to tie their devotion until he gets to become a god and throw them under his feet for his own benefits.

"Cale Henituse, you will die today."

He wasn't only planning on killing Cale, if he's going to eliminate him anyway then better clear everything at once.

Under the white mask, a very wicked smile similar to that of Cale's formed in the White Star's lips.

•••

"Human!"

"Cale-nim."

"Nyaaa!"

Cale's group had been staying in the Villa for the time being, Cale who refreshingly pluck out grapes and shove a piece of cookie in his mouth one at a time ignored the voices calling out to him.

'How beautiful living like this my entire life, I wouldn't need to worry about works and just lay here eating and sleeping.'

'Soon If his highness ascend in the throne and grant me my dream slacker, I should as well start farming.'

'What would be good to plant here? I'll have to ask Baecrox about that. Maybe I should build a playground too for the children? The children averaging nine years old are growing but the wolf siblings should make use of it? All they did is training, it's good to be enjoying and slacking sometimes, after all they're still kids.'

"Human! The tiger Gashan said they're hunting the monsters in the forest of darkness! They might come late!"

'They're? Didn't I only called Gashan alone? But he said they're hunting monsters? Scary bastards.'

"Who are they? I remember calling only Gashan though."

His questions soon answered by Choi Han.

"Oh, erm... Cale-nim, Lock said they're coming too, they want to see you and the children as well."

Flinch.

"They're coming to play!"

"Horaaay!"

"Nyaa!"

Cale couldn't help to flinch after hearing Lock and his siblings are coming as well as the children Raon, Hong, and On cheered after hearing Choi Han.

'They're hunting with the wolf children? So vicious!'

"Ahem, were not going to play. We will enhance your skills in the mean time."

The ancient dragon Eruhaben interjected while looking the children and Cale with iffy expression.

"Young master-nim, what dish do you prefer for today's meal?"

Ron opened the door and approach Cale while having a glass of lemonade in his hands. Cale accepted the glass but didn't took a sip as he casually asked Ron.

"What do we have for today?"

“Gochujang, doenjang-jjigae, jokbal, ramen and veggie tempura."

Flinch.

In these past few days they settled in the super rock villa, Baecrox have started cooking different kinds of food. These different foods were naturally foods from Korea.

Choi Han had given Baecrox the recipe when one time he tried to cook by himself, all he received was Baecrox vicious glare. He couldn't do anything and thus only help find ingredients.

What he feared when Raon told him back then that he still have enough space in his spatial dimension, Cale knew what's the most likely scenario to occur. What he feared finally becomes reality.

'Thankfully, Raon did nothing like that.'

He couldn't imagine himself gobbling Kimchi or Gochujang while fainting. His face would be a mess if ever that happens.

Just thinking about it made him shiver.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Ever since earlier, there was one being who keeps observing the people around here. This being can't stop himself from tapping the top of the table with his index finger as his eyes shifted from the children, Choi Han to Cale.

He must be the only one who feel this way after the previous battle against the Arm. Eruhaben had been the one to shower those arm bastards with dust which made them look more filthy after being drenched by Cale's Sky Eating Water ancient power.

It is as if he is the only one who remembered how those unlucky bastards wagged the flag which signifies their declaration of war.

Two days left, two days left before the White Star's entire force assaults them.

'Haaa, just look what these kids have been doing the entire time. I'm really getting older as I stick longer with these punks.'

"What is it Eruhaben-nim?"

Cale who felt the ancient dragon's gaze stuck on him cannot help but ask cautiously.

'Did I do something wrong?'

However, before Choi Han could ask Eruhaben what the problem was, they all flinched at the next thing came out from the ancient dragon's mouth.

"Haaaaa..."

'These clueless punks, I do not know whether they're slacking while aware of the situation or It's just me being paranoid.'

"This isn't so like me."

Flinch.

Choi Han, Cale and even Ron flinched for who knows how many times today.