Chapter 33

Louis' POV

I smile, watching her video for the 50th time. She'd posted a new one a couple days ago and I kept rewatching it. I could see the edge of the necklace I'd given her, dangling down into the video. The video made me feel like laughing every time I watched. It was called Online and it was obvious, to me at least, that she was poking fun at me for stalking her online. I missed her. After spending almost an entire summer with her, not seeing her every day was driving me crazy. We talked, yes, and we'd Skype, but it wasn't the same. It was just a couple more days until I'd get to see her again. Just a couple more days until we have a break from recording and I'd be able to fly out to visit her. I go back to her main page to watch some old video and to my surprise and joy, there's a new video. I click it and sit back as the music starts.

We were sittin up there on your momma's roof

Talkin bout everything under the moon

With the smell of honeysuckle and my perfume

All I could think about was your next move

She starts singing and I smile as memories of the night up on the rooftop come to mind. When I closed my eyes, I could still smell the sweet scent of strawberries from her shampoo.

Oh but you were so shy, so was I

Maybe that's why it was so hard to believe

When you smiled and said to me

"Are you gonna kiss me or not"

My eyes flash open and I freeze when I hear a male's voice. That was definitely not Hunter. The camera focuses on some guy playing guitar and singing and I tense him sing with her.

Are we gonna do this or what?

I think you know I like you a lot

But you're bout to miss your shot

Are you gonna kiss me or not?

My anger was growing as I heard them sing together. Why was she singing with some random guy? Why was she singing a song about kissing? The song didn't get any better, the next verse he sang about proposing and she finished the song with the wedding. By the time it was over I was practically shaking. Who was this guy and what was he doing with my Lauren? I let out a growl as I sign onto Skype, hoping she'd still be on. I could have called, but I wanted to see her reaction about this. Luckily, since she just uploaded the new video, she was still on. She appears on the screen, a wide smile on her face.

"Hey" she says, her voice laced with happiness.

"Who the hell is that?" I growl, watching her smile falter.

"What are you talking about?" she asks.

"Your new video. Who the hell is that guy?" I hiss. By this time the happiness was completely gone from her eyes and her mouth was set in a frown.

"He's a new friend. What's your problem?" she snaps.

"He's my problem. It's been barely a week and you've already got a new guy?" I answer angrily. Part of me knew I was being irrational and that I was probably overreacting, but seeing him with her just set me off.

"Are you kidding me Louis? We're back to this again?" she says, disbelief evident in her voice. "He's a friend," she says emphasizing friend. "He wanted to do a song together and I thought, hey maybe that wouldn't be so bad. I picked the song because it reminded me of you. And I really don't want to talk to you if you're going to be an ass," she retorts, the camera going blank as she disconnects the call. I was in shock, although I knew I shouldn't be. We'd had this argument before. I'd accused her of sleeping with one of my best friends. The sinking feeling in my stomach begins as my anger fades and I realize how stupid I'd been. She had a right to have guy friends. I shouldn't act like this. I just couldn't help it. Thinking of her with other guys drove me crazy. I pull out my phone and send her a quick text.