Chapter 7 - Savoring Delights and Hidden Intentions

It was a really pleasant morning, the sun was shining brightly and the chirping of birds made it sound like God was singing himself

It was a really pleasant morning, the sun was shining brightly and the chirping of birds made it sound like God was singing himself. The sunlight peeping through the curtains on the window fell directly on the couple sleeping peacefully.

Mrityunjay's eyes opened when he felt bright even with his closed eyes, he sat straight on the bed stretching his arms, and looked around the room only to find Katha sleeping peacefully. Her clear bright skin shining in the sun rays making her look even more beautiful didn't go unnoticed by Mrityunjay.

For what it's worth, Mrityunjay felt jealous of the rays, as they were kissing Katha's body, her every part inclusive of her face, her lips, arms, neck, and slender waist and he couldn't. It had been only a few hours since Mrityunjay had promised Katha, but now he was fighting his desire to have her all to himself.

He stood up from the bed and closed the curtains, before warning the sun rays to not be intimate with his wife. Just when he heard a little jingling sound of anklets and bangles, he turned around only to find Katha awake and stretching her arms like he had done a while ago.

Katha opened her eyes and saw Mrityunjay standing near the window gazing at her. She stood up from the bed, and while she was adjusting her dupatta over her head, Mrityunjay walked near her, held her hands, and brushed his lips slightly on the back side of her hands making her shiver down her spine, it didn't go unnoticed by him.

Mrityunjay smiled at Katha and said, "Ab jo ki aap hamari patni hain, is kamre par aapka bhi utna hi adhikaar hai jitna ki hamara. Aiye hum aapko kuch dikhate hain."

"Now that you're my wife, you have as much right as I have on this room. Come with me I want to show you something."

Katha smiled slightly at Mrityunjay and moved with him, both holding each other's hands gently.

He first showed her around the room and told her about his reading habit and his fascination for paintings, every painting in the room held some meaning, whether from the artist's perspective or his. Then he took her towards a gate that was adjoining their room and took her inside opening the door.

There was a beautiful garden with different kinds of flowers, roses, jasmine, hibiscus, and whatnot. The garden was covered with walls on all sides but there was only half of the roof above the garden allowing sunlight only above the area where flowers grew.

That place was big and only below the no-roof area there were plants, The rest area had a small fountain and some place to walk around it, there was some space between the fountain and the door where a mattress was kept on the floor with round pillows and a blanket.

It was just like the one Katha had at her place and it didn't take her long to show her happiness upon seeing the place. She was very happy and Mrityunjay could notice it. He was continuously gazing at her as she was walking around the place to see it.