Chapter One

Alicia was busy wiping the glasses with a towel. She only had a handful of customers since it was still early. She was running this bar for over a year. This bar was exclusive for women only- and not just any women- but women who love women. Every woman is welcome as long as their open-minded when it comes to women like her.

Alicia is part of the LGBTQIA+ community and she's proud of it. Though her family was against it, she chose to live it hoping that one day they might accept her. But for now, she only intends to live her life the way she wanted.

She likes flirting with girls in her free time but she's serious when she's on duty. She owns this bar but since she has nothing else to do, she helps her bartender most of the time.

A woman walking towards the counter caught Alicia's eyes. The woman was pretty and eye-catching with her black tube-type halter-pack hip dress- and she was new. Most of Aly's customers were regulars and she was familiar with them except for this woman. And besides, not anyone can get into her bar without a recommendation. She's being extra careful to avoid discrimination. But the fact that their queer lady guards let this woman in means she's part of their community.

"One margarita please." The woman ordered as she sat on the long stool.

Calla- one of her bartenders- made the woman's order while Alicia find it hard to take her eyes off the woman- until the woman turned her eyes on her. Alicia blinks as she returns the sad smile that the woman had with her sweet one. Lalapitan sana niya ang babae pero natanaw niya ang kapapasok lang na mga customer. Alicia sigh. She had the urge to flirt with the beautiful woman but the situation won't allow her- she had to help her worker.

Alicia got busy for an hour. She looked around for the woman that caught her attention a while back just to be disappointed. She's not at the counter where she sat and also not at the other table. Siguro umalis na ito o baka na sa taas. The upper floor of her bar is where the dances happen. She choose to separate it to let someone who only wanted to drink a peaceful night. The upper floor is soundproof.

Alicia shook off the woman's face from her mind and let her busy night exhaust her. Their bar closes at 2 am and all her regular customer knows about it so they usually leave initiative a few minutes before their closing time.

Alicia was waiting for Rosy-the supervisor that she assigned on the upper floor and also her business partner- to leave, pero ilang minuto na ang nakalipas ay hindi parin ito bumababa. Rosy usually leaves right before their other crew leaves, kaya naman nagtataka si Alicia ngayon.

After a few more minutes, Alicia decided to go up and check. And there she found Rosy trying to wake a woman- wasted on the counter.

"She falls asleep just now." Ani Rosy ng makita siya. "Aalalayan ko na sana siya sa pag baba. She's too drunk and I guess she came here alone."

Nagsalubong ang kilay ni Alicia ng makitang familiar ang suot na damit ng babaeng nasa counter. She confirmed it after seeing the woman's face. It's the new customer.

"You can go, Ros. I'll handle her."

"Sigurado ka Aly?"

"Yes, she'll wake up later for sure."

"Pero-"

"We can't entrust her in a taxi, and besides- we don't know where she lives. Should I let her stay at my place?" Biglang naisip ni Aly.

Rosy nodded without giving much thought. Matagal na silang magkaibigan. Rosy knew that Alicia can be trusted more than anyone else. And besides, it's the best option than letting this woman be. She lives just above the bar kaya walang problema.

Rosy helps Alicia on carrying the woman up to her place. Hagdanan lang ang meron sa three-story building na ito kaya naman pahirapan ang sitwasyon nila. Good thing the woman was half awake, she managed to take a step hanggang sa marating nila ang unit ni Alicia. May spare room si Alicia sa unit niya kaya doon nila dinala ang babae.