Chapter 15

"Everything ready?" Alicia asked Alex when he visited her in the makeup room. She's currently getting ready for the inauguration party that her father prepared for her.

"Yes! Everything is going as planned."

Alicia was now appointed as the Chairwoman of the Cortez empire. All the board agreed. All of them witnessed how she managed the empire before she ran away from home- so there's no reason for them to object, lalo na't most of the big investors already trusted her. She may be young but she knows she's capable.

"Are you sure it's fine? Carly's family might-"

"We can always make a story to divert the people's attention. It's the only way I knew to make sure Carly is safe."

"Okay, I trust you sister. Make sure to look pretty, it has been three months since the last time you saw her."

Alicia smiled sweetly. She has been busy these past few months. Her father passed away a month ago but they accepted it long before it happened. Alicia knew his father was happy- he can now be with their mom.

Carly and Josh's wedding is happening next month. It should have happened two months ago but Alicia secretly did something to cause trouble in Alfonso's business and that made Josh's parents set aside the wedding and deal with the problem first. Alicia made sure na hindi madadawit ang empire sa dahilan ng problema nila- instead, Alfonso will surely seek them for help. And Alicia knew that the Alfonso won't let this opportunity pass by- they will surely attend this party. They were lucky to receive an invitation from them.

No one knows about Alicia's face, except for the people that she had business with before she ran away. She ran away before her dad appointed her to that position- that's the reason why only a few know about the heiress of the Cortez Empire.

Alicia looks at her reflection in the mirror. She's not wearing her regular outfit- it's a party after all. She was wearing a sky-blue semi-gown that was tailored by the best seamstress in the world. It is only one of its kind, it's her father's gift before she passes away. Alicia hardly recognized herself since it was the first time she wore full makeup after running from home. Her friends will surely be surprised once they saw her- she invited them. She wondered if Carly could recognize her.

.......

For the first time in three months, Carly and her parents finally see the outside. She had to thank Cortez's empire for inviting them to the inauguration party of the mysterious new Chairman of their empire.

It was a very grand party held at the leading hotel in the country- Which Cortez Empire also owned.

"Watch your action, Babe. The new Chairwoman invited me for a time alone later to talk about business. Don't make a mess there." Josh said before getting out of the Car.

Carly was a bit thankful that in the past three months, Josh has been behaving like a good son-in-law. He hasn't done any bad things to her but he kept on threatening her how he would make her life a living hell once they were married. And he only visited her a handful of times in three months. She doesn't know what's keeping Josh's devil side at bay but whatever it is- she felt safe for a while. But it won't be long- their wedding was fixed for a month.

When they enter the event hall of the hotel- the mysterious chairwoman is called.

"Let's welcome, the new Chairwoman of the Cortez empire, the heiress and the daughter of our late Chairman- Miss Beatrice Cortez."

Everyone applauded and their eyes were in awe as they admire the woman who just walk in holding a Mic and had a bright smile. Carly was shocked as she look at the woman. Her heart was pounding hard. The woman in front of her looks like-