IV.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐕.

   "You really are an angel, Kim Aerin." The woman smiled very sweetly as she watched her daughter play with her cousin's necklace as Aerin carried her in her arms. "I know Jin made you do this, he told me yesterday."

   "He's an," Aerin pursed her lips and only moved them silently, as she refused to curse in front of the little girl. "Idiot."

   "I agree." Kayoung, her cousin, laughed and nodded before bringing her hand up to her daughter's back to gently stroke her. "But thank you so much, really."

Kayoung couldn't help but look infinitely grateful for the huge favor her cousin was doing her. It's not that Eunchae was hard to take care of, in fact she is very sweet and calm as Aerin remembers her. However, knowing the truth behind Aerin agreeing to babysit on a Saturday afternoon and evening was even tormenting for the lovely mother. Kayoung was taking away a fun-filled weekend from her cousin for a date with her husband. How could she not feel guilty?

But Aerin, like the great cousin she is, reassured her the whole time and assured her that there was no problem, that even the pleasure was hers. The truth is that she may have said her complaints but the feeling of honor was inevitably present, for they as parents trusted her enough to take care of their greatest love: their little baby girl.

They knew it had been a long time since Aerin had taken care of an infant but they decided to trust, for the times in the past when the brunette had interacted with Eunchae, the little girl seemed to adore her. Not that Aerin was an expert babysitter, or that nanny that appeared on an American TV show years ago, but she wasn't lousy either. Honestly, she considered herself good.

   "You know whatever you need you can text me or call me, no matter what time or anything. There are no dumb questions, okay? Any question is fine, you know it's better to be safe than sorry. That's what my mother says so many times~" As the words seemed to overflow from her cousin's mouth, Aerin gently pushed her towards the door even with the baby in her arms. "You also have Sanghoon's number in case I don't answer, which I don't think you'll need but it's still not superfluous to give it to you. Everything you're going to need is in Chaenie's backpack. I highly doubt she's going to need anything else but in case something like that happens you can call me."

   "Do you also want me to call you when I want to go to the bathroom?" Aerin raised an eyebrow and let out a giggle when she heard her cousin suck her teeth in mock annoyance. Kayoung knew her cousin was just teasing her for being a concerned mother as any other. "I know you worry but you're not telling me anything you haven't told me before, Kayoungie. We'll be fine and you know that whatever I need I won't hesitate to call you. I'm not smart enough to solve kids problems by myself either so don't worry, I'll take care of bothering you with texts all night."

   "Is that a reward or a punishment?" Kayoung raised an eyebrow and smiled sweetly at her daughter, who was still playing with her new babysitter's necklace.