Forgot to check in the mirror (2)

Even the oversized and weighty necklace which didn't suit Mengrui's strapless dress stood out in the crowd. The contrasting and mismatched combination of shining obsidian diamonds and the small emerald clashed with the purple shade of the dress, creating an odd and unflattering appearance. The overall effect was bizarre and somewhat comical, giving the impression that she lacked a discerning fashion sense.

"Her necklace, it's..."

"It looks odd on her."

"I have seen that design, it's just an ordinary piece from BP jewellers."

"The necklace may have a nice design but it doesn't suit her."

The woman wearing it subconsciously touched her necklace. 

What ordinary necklace-

Mengrui glanced at Su Wanwan who was standing beside her and whispered harshly, "You said it's from an exclusive collection and only 10 such pieces were sold in the entire continent." 

Mengrui was aware that the necklace didn't go well with the gown she had chosen, she wanted to wear some other jewellery. However, she made a deliberate decision to wear it anyway, envisioning the envious gazes she would receive from onlookers. Despite its mismatched appearance, Mengrui chose to prioritize the attention and admiration she would attract over adhering to conventional fashion norms.

Su Wanwan was taken aback by Mengrui's abrupt and harsh words, feeling a wave of realization that she might have been deceived or tricked. "I think I was scammed..." 

Mengrui sighed in frustration, her hands instinctively reaching up to massage her throbbing temples. Why this girl appeared even more unintelligent and useless than she had initially thought? "Why didn't you verify before purchasing it?"

In response Su Wanwan could only hang her head low.

Despite hoping for better, it seemed that Su Wanwan's actions and decisions consistently disappointed Mengrui. It was becoming increasingly difficult for her to understand why Su Wanwan continued to demonstrate such lack of competence and understanding in various situations. The constant disappointment only deepened the sense of frustration that Mengrui felt toward her, leaving her perplexed and exasperated.

Disregarding her negative emotions, Xia Mengrui greeted Producer Fu. Lifting a wine glass, she said graciously, "I apologize for making you wait, Teacher Fu. It seems I arrived at the last moment. Nonetheless, I'm honored to be here and celebrate this special occasion with you."

Producer Fu shook his head and said, "No need to worry Xiao Meng, you arrived just in time."

In the elegant ambiance of the banquet, the atmosphere took an unexpected turn when Zhao Yunxi, known for her scheming ways, couldn't resist taunting Xia Mengrui. With an evil smirk, she slyly whispered to Teacher Fu from behind, "Teacher, do you know your favorite student is going to quit classical music? She's dropping out of National University."

Mengrui's expression immediately changed, her joyous demeanor replaced with sadness. A single tear formed in the corner of her eye, clinging to her bottom eyelash like a delicate crystal.

Producer Fu, who overheard the conversation, couldn't help but feel concerned for his once-promising student. He approached Mengrui with a comforting smile and asked, "Is everything alright, my dear?"

Mengrui forced a smile and nodded, trying to regain her composure. "I... I'm fine, Teacher Fu. I didn't want you to discover this news in this manner, that's all."

Zhao Yunxi, still reveling in her little act of mischief, couldn't resist adding fuel to the fire. "Isn't it sad, teacher? Your star student giving up on classical music? What a shame."