30. The Past

Summer Pov
~The next Day

"Wait— so he said he loves you??" Freddie asked me before she scooped a spoon full of fresh pineapple from our bowl.

The both of us decided to have at least one day for us to enjoy Brazil since they leave at the end of this week. I honestly though Namjoon booked them for a month like he did for us but I guess his money is tight. But I'm thankful that he did all of this for Freddie and I to be here together. This is her Dream vacation and we always talked about coming here one day.

She hasn't stopped smiling since.

I spoke after swallowing. "No no he said he loves my smile." I started. "I think he maybe wanted to say the I love you part." I said smiling at the thought of his voice saying it.

"I love you my summer."

He would say. Or maybe put it in a poem.

I dazed off into my mind and Freddie spoke loudly at me.

"I know you hear me— Summer!" She yelled making me jump.

I laughed. "What I'm listening." I said as I started to eat again.

I watched Freddie smirk. "I thought I would never see the day that the summer, my closed off bestie would be falling in love." She said making me cut my eyes at her.

I spoke. "I am not in love." I said.

Freddie scoffed. "Yes you are."

I spoke. "No I'm not."

She spat back smirking. "Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you areee."

I playfully rolled my eyes and crossed my arms on the table. "Why are you assuming that? Since you know everything.."

She smiled and cleared her throat. "Because y'all have been dating for over—what—5 months now. He met your parents and momma loves him. He has been spoiling you rotten and.." she looked around and leaned in close to me and I did the same to hear her. She begun to speak lowly.

"He puts your medical condition first. No other guy in your past wasn't concerned or even asked questions about the medication you take. You just told me that he literally sets all of your pills out and makes sure you take them on time." She said as we both leaned back to our original sitting.

I nodded and played with my spoon. I looked out into the beach watching people pass us by, and, allowed the window and the bits of sun that beamed through the straw roof to lay on my skin.

Freddie spoke. "Summer."

I turned to look at her and she sighed then became serious with softness. "Don't allow fear to hold you back from a good thing in front of you. Namjoon isn't...you know who. Look at you... for the past months you have been glowing and happier. You don't lock yourself in your house like you used too. He's fun and he gets you out your comfort zone. For me, please be happy." She said causing me to smile.