Chapter 4

Location Unknown

Music is blaring through the car speakers, every now and then the voices of the passengers can be heard in the car, both trying to get to know each other by asking each other things or talking about themselves. Damon has been driving for 4 hours and since they don't have to stop they are almost in Manhattan. Klaus is in the passenger seat on his cell phone distracting himself as he waits to get to their new house. They are going to 50 West St, New York, NY 10006, it is a 313 m² penthouse, containing 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 half bath, vaulted ceiling, skylight, security system, elevator, fireplace, double window, cable TV , fan and air conditioning (https://www.luxuryestate.com/pt/p31614642-penthouse-for-sale-new-york -Photos of the coverage). There was a maximum of 2 hours left for them to arrive, so they both decided to stop at the gas station to get gas, and while they were there, they thought it was better for both of them to change numbers so as not to be tracked by the Scooby-Doo gang and Damon will only share his number with Stefan , and Klaus with his siblings, witches, vampires and trusty hybrids. After exchanging numbers they sent the messages advising them.

Damon: Stefan this is my new number, don't share it with anyone and don't leave my contact number in my name. - Damon

Klaus: This is my new number, don't share it with anyone and don't leave my contact with my name. - Klaus

When they arrived 1 hour and 40 minutes later, Damon stayed in the car while Klaus went straight to the front desk to find the realtor and sign the paperwork. Damon and Klaus decided to leave the apartment in Klaus' name until they found their mate, where they would hand over the cover to the mate's name so the vampires would only enter with the owner's permission.

After signing the paperwork, picking up the key, and registering the car's license plate and residents' documents, the realtor left and Klaus went to meet Damon in the car and directed him to the building's parking space. For security reasons the building is full of cameras and passwords at every door or gate. And for more security Klaus thought it best to compel all who work to ignore anything supernatural, erase anything unexplained from cameras and all employees to ingest vervain, and forget that they were hypnotized.

After they finished talking to all employees of all shifts in the building, they both decided to take the coffins containing their brothers to the 4th room and lock it inside. Looking around the apartment, they saw that despite being furnished, many things were still missing, one being food and another being carryable objects, such as tableware, glasses, plates, bed and bath linen, cooking equipment and everything else. So they decided to go shopping at IKEA which according to the map is at 1 Beard St, Brooklyn, NY 11231 at 15 minutes by car, at Walmart at 400 Park Pl, Secaucus, NJ 07094 at 30 minutes by car and at Essex Market which is located at 88 Essex St, New York, NY 10002 at 20 minutes by car.

When it was 10 pm, they both got home and washed, put away and set up everything they bought, finishing everything at 1 am, took a shower and went to sleep, each in their own room.

The next morning Klaus woke up first, took a shower and brushed his teeth. After getting dressed, he went to the kitchen and made breakfast, after eating he saw that Damon was still sleeping and not wanting to wake him up after the day they had the day before, he left Damon's coffee on the table and decided to go to the hospital alone. He thought it best to go to the hospital in the neighboring city and found The Brooklyn Hospital Center on the internet and saw that it was at 121 Dekalb Ave, a 15-minute drive away, but he went on foot.

Klaus used his super speed to go to the hospital, where he only stopped at the security room to make a glitch in the security camera of the entire hospital and after that he used his super speed to go to where the blood bags are and stole some . Since he thought it better to do the same in other hospitals in New York so that there is no suspicion in a hospital when many bags of blood disappear out of nowhere.