4

On the other hand, Taehyung ran out of the house, clutching his bag tightly. He was crying. He was hurt, he knew. But he didn't know what hurt more the way Jimin spoke to him or the way he spoke to Jimin. He wondered how they turned out to he like this. It's not that they never fought. They did. But it was more like bigkering or disagreements. Never in their life together they had a fight this i'll-flavoured. He regretted whatever he said to Jimin, but he also wondered if Jimin regretted the way he treated Taehyung.
Lost in his thoughts, he reached the café but he didn't recognise the figure standing there waiting for him.

Leaning on his bike, Jungkook was checking his phone 100th time. Taehyung was 15 minutes late than their decided time. They were supposed to grab breakfast before heading towards the school. But when he saw Tae approaching with tear rimmed eyes and angry red nose, he forgot everything else.

"Tae, bub! What happened? Did you cry?" He started walking towards him. But he was met in the middle with a tight grip around his
Torso. Tae was holding onto him tightly, stuffing his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck. And he was sobbing uncontrollably.

If it was some other time, Jungkook would have been on cloud nine with the physical closeness Tae had shockingly offered, but right now, he was more concerned than anything else. He let the other cry his heart out for some time. Then slowly he dentangled them and made Tae sit on the bike. He himself ran towards the café to bring a bottle of water and something light to eat. He offered the other the said bottle, who
Took it wordlessly. When he saw the Taehyung become relatively calmer, he asked,

"Taehyung, are you okay now?" To which he received a nod, then he enquired further.

"Can you tell me what happened, bub?"

"Me and Jiminie...uck... had a fight... a bad fight.." Taehyung hiccuped.

"Oh! Is it because of the tattoos..." Jungkook asked cautiously.

"It was. But it was much more. Can we not talk about it? I feel bad as it is." The brunette replied while wiping his tears.

"Oh! Okay! Whatever you say, honey! Do you want to go to the class then?"

"Can we skip it today?" Tae whispered, playing with the bike keys.

Jungkook's face dulled a little, but he tried to cover it with a gentle smile.

"Of course, we can. Do you want me to drop you home? I promise I will never visit you there without your permission."

"No..." Tae whispered in a tiny voice.

It made Jungkook a little sad. He thought the other didn't trust him, still. But it was okay. He was ready to win that trust or walk away if the other asked him.

"It's okay, sweetheart. I would... I would cancel the other classes if you want. I'll take your leave then?"

"No..." Tae said again, still in a hushed tone.

"Tae, you have to speak to me. Are you scared that I wouldn't tell you about Jimin? Then don't worry. I won't hold it against you. I'll tell you everything. The tattoos..."

"I don't want to know anything about those tattoos anymore. If he wanted to tell me, he would have. I am not going to snoop around his private life anymore..." Tae said with finality. And Jungkook took it as his cue to leave.

With a heavy heart, he prepared himself for the final goodbye. He could not afford to stay there any longer. He was already falling for the gentle boy in front of him. He didn't want to go any deeper, where he would end up heartbroken beyond repair.

"Okay then, I'll leave then. It was nice knowing you..." Jungkook tried to say without sounding too hurt.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung asked innocently.