Chapter 2: Fight

Tanner was sent flying through the air, crashing through the large glass door that led to his backyard. He rolled on the ground and held his stomach, in pain. Feeling the warmth of Miguel’s hands holding on and helping Tanner to his feet comforted Tanner, but his emotions would have to wait. They had bigger fish to fry. Tanner looked at Miguel and nodded. “We got a group of Aeronauts. Three to be exact.” He rolled up his sleeves and mentally prepared before giving an assuring glance at Miguel, who was already taking off his shoes and growing two giant wings on his back, along with bird talons on each foot. God, it looked painful but Miguel had always insisted that it felt nice.

Tanner looked to the door he was thrown through as guests were running out of his house in fear. He grinned and ran to the door before jumping through, breaking more glass and seeing an Aeronaut trying to pick up his leather couch only to fail because of the talons on their feet. “Hey, birdbrain. We just bought that!” He landed only to sprint at the bird-like Aeronaut before getting tackled by another. He gasped for air only to see Miguel open and close the broken door respectively as to stay true to his culture, Tanner felt a blow to his chest. “How does that feel traitor?” the Areonaut said laughing maniacally. Tanner didn’t want to do it but it was his only option, he inhaled as much oxygen as he could before putting his hand against his attacker's forehead only for a couch to fly out of his palm, immobilizing his attacker who was now trapped underneath it.

Tanner looked across the room to see more people attacking Miguel who was throwing anything he could as he was being taken from every side. Tanner then jumped on the couch before making his way to the dining room where he sucker punched one of the assaulters in the jaw before he fell to the floor because of the bowl of potato chips that Miguel was trying to throw at his attacker. “Miguel! Next time stay aware of your surroundings-” He was cut off by an attacker kicking him in his already pain ridden-stomach. Tanner gasped for air before losing control of his powers, accidentally creating a rake that formed underneath his hand. He kept gasping before using the rake to knock his attacker off their feet. Miguel then stabbed him with his talons to immobilize him. Tanner started taking shallow breaths as he got up with the help of Miguel when Joseph made himself apparent holding a Bow armed with three arrows at Tanner.

“Make this easy for us Tanner-” Joseph threatened before being interrupted by Miguel attempting to blow the bow out of Joseph's hand using an updraft of wind. Joseph reacted quickly though, firing the arrow. Tanner extended his hand out, trying to stop the arrow from reaching his chest when a giant brick flew out of his extended hand, stopping the bullet, then Joseph was sent flying across the room because of Miguel’s wind before hitting his head on the wall. Miguel and Tanner shuffle over to Joseph's body to see if he was still conscious when Tanner notices a weird mist coming from Joseph's mouth. Suddenly the duo was grabbed by both Joseph and a strange man who made his way to the party. They led Tanner and Miguel to the pool and stood them there. The boys turned to continue their brawl outside when a bolt of lightning struck them, sending them into the pool. Their muscles spasm as they start drowning. Suddenly a tear in the pool opens, light spewing out of it. Tanner and Miguel’s seemingly lifeless bodies were sucked in as it closed behind the two. “Never expect kids to do a man's job.” The man mumbles, smacking Joseph before walking through the house.