Chapter 2 𝑇𝑜𝑟𝑛

Originally published on 3 July 2023 ⁽ⁱᵗ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᵈᵃʸ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉʸ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗⁱˡˡ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉⁱʳ ˢᵃᵐᵉ ᶜˡᵒᵗʰᵉˢ, ᵃⁿᵈ ˡᵒᵒᵏ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵃᵐᵉ.⁾ ⁱ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ⁱᶠ ᵃⁿʸᵒⁿᵉ ⁿᵉᵉᵈᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵃᵗ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʸᵉᵃʰ⁾ ˣˣ

Louis was sitting on his bed with his head tucked in between his legs, thinking why he was acting this way, why he was feeling this way at that matter. "Why was I so jealous?" He said to no one. "Why am I being like this?"

———

Harry leaned in to whisper into Lottie's ear. "Hey, Lotts, can we talk after dinner?"

"Sure, Haz. What's up?" Harry doesn't want to bring any attention to the two of them, so he just says "I'll tell you after dinner, okay?"

"Okay?" Lottie is confused, but eventually goes back to finishing her dinner.

After they do the washing up, Harry thanks Jay, and Mark for having him over, and for the lovely meal, and drags Lottie up the stairs to her bedroom, slamming the door behind them. "What do you want, Harold? You seemed rather concerned when you asked to speak with me. Is everything alright?"

"Lotts. There's something I haven't been telling you, and it's that I actually do... sort of... have... um.. a crush on someone" Harry says whilst twiddling with his fingers. "Wait, really? Why didn't you tell me, Haz?"

"Dunno... I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Haz. Well? Who is it then?"

"Is it okay if I keep that part to myself? Anyway, I want to ask you something."

"Go right ahead. Shoot!"

"Okay, well... I kind of want to make him jealous, but I have no idea how."

"Oh. That's kind of tough. Wait. What if we, like, fake dated or something?" Harry thought about it for a moment, and realized it might not be such a bad idea. Yes, he came out as gay already, but he'd figure that out later. Right now, he and Lottie needed to get this whole fake dating thing under control, and how they were going to get the word out there. Lottie still had no idea who it was, but she was still quite curious. "Okay. Will you 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 tell me who it is?"

"Not yet, not until I know that he's into guys too. It'd be a real bummer if I told you, and then found out that there's literally a 0% chance of him getting with me."

"Oh! I bet I know who it is!"

"I bet you don't. Tell me."

"No. You won't tell me who 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 thinking of, so I won't tell you who 𝗜'𝗺 thinking of" she says this, then sticks her tongue out at Harry. "Okay, stop being childish. I've had enough of you" says, slightly pushing Lottie to the side. Harry can't help but laugh out loud, as she playfully kicks him back, pushing him off of her bed.

———

Meanwhile, while Harry was trying to make some boy jealous, Louis was trying to figure himself out. Why did it scare him so much that Harry might've liked another guy? It didn't make sense to him either. Louis got lost in his thoughts, and started to think about the dinner conversation. Harry came out as gay this year, why did that make me so happy to hear? Was I gay? No, definitely not. Maybe... Bi?

He pulled out his lap top and started to type. What exactly did he want to know? He didn't think he was gay, or bi, but he had to be something. He was torn.

He figured it out, and started to type.

𝚂𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚞𝚢

Are what the words on the screen read. He stared at them for a moment before actually hitting the "enter" button. Why are you like this? Is the last thought in his mind before clicking on the first site to appear.

———

"Bye Lotts!"
"I'll see you tomorrow!" Is what Louis hears outside his door. Right at that moment, he just wanted to run out there, and give Harry a tight squeeze before he went, just to get one last whiff of his rose petal scent, but... he knew he couldn't because that would be weird. He needed to figure out these unfamiliar feelings before they got out of hand.

Louis went back to looking at the sites he had found, and noticed that there was one that read:

𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚐𝚞𝚢: 𝙰 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚐𝚞𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

No matter how badly he wanted this to stop, he also didn't. No matter how hard he'd wish for these feelings to go away, they wouldn't. It was just too much for him. Every time he got close to the younger boy. Every. Single. Opportunity he was given to touch him, he wouldn't waste a single second of it. He was hooked. It was almost like an addiction he hadn't planned for.

I need to get ahead of myself.

That he did. He needed to get out of his head for a little while, crumble all his thoughts up like a peace of paper, and throw them into the bin.

"I'm going for a walk."

"Alright sweetie, be careful, it's dark outside."

Louis didn't bother responding due to the fact he was already so overwhelmed, and he couldn't help the growing, salty tears forming in his eyes.

Louis had only made it about half a block away before having to sit on a curb. His vision was getting blurry, and his hands had started to dampen as he lay his face in his palms.

Louis started wiping the tears away with the sleeve of his hoodie, and looking up at the sky, with barely any thoughts left in his mind. He felt a drip of something fall on his cheek, before realizing it had begun to rain. He didn't bother move. As it got worse, he just lay there, allowing the rain to drench him, but he didn't care. All he cared about was Harry... and the thoughts came racing back.

But this time, he didn't try to stop them.