Chapter 3 𝐹𝑟𝑒𝑠ℎ 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝐹𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠

Originally published on 8 July 2023 ⁽ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵒⁿᵍᵉˢᵗ ᵒⁿᵉ ˢᵒ ᶠᵃʳ, ᵃⁿᵈ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ʰᵒᵖⁱⁿᵍ ʷᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵉˢᵗ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵗʰⁱˢ, ᵇᵘᵗ ʷᵉ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵒᵗ ˢᵘʳᵉ ⁱᶠ ʷᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ⁾

It's been about a week... or two? Louis can't remember how long it's been, he just feels empty, yet he can't tell Harry how he feels, or what he's feeling.

Louis has tried to stay out of the house because he just feels awkward around the boy. He's known him for almost 3 years now, and he doesn't want to risk anything between them.

He just wants to know Harry's thoughts. That is all he wants. That is all he needs.
Why does nothing ever work out the way he wants it to?

———

Harry had just woken up to a text saying to call someone back. It was his principal. For a second, he wondered why his principal would need to talk to him, but then he remembered the conversation they had had near the last day of Junior year.

Harry got out of bed, and hesitantly, called back his principal.

———

"Everyone come down here! Quick!" Lottie called from the living room, "Harry just called to say that he's coming over, and he has great news! He wouldn't tell me what it was, but he seemed really excited." Right then, Jay and Mark entered the room, followed by Louis, Fizzy, and finally, the twins.

Once they all had made it down to the living room, they heard a knock on the door. Lottie ran over, yelling as she did so "I'll get it!" Right then, Harry came barging through the door, jumping up and down from excitement. "What is it, Harry? What was did you want to tell us?" Harry opened his mouth, not wasting a second to respond. "I got in I got in!" Harry was overjoyed, but still no one knew what he meant until he continued "I got into university! I get to skip a year of high school!"

Everyone seemed at a loss for words, especially Louis. He knew Harry was smart, but he didn't know 'skipping your last year of high school' smart. "Yeah! He was pulled into our principal's office on the last day of school" Lottie interrupted, giving Harry a look to continue the story in his own words.

"He told me that I am the top in all of my classes, and that if I wanted to, I could skip senior year. Do you guys thinks I should?" Mark was the only one to break the few minutes of silence that followed, saying "If you think it is the right thing to do, then you should take the chance. Shouldn't this be something you should be asking 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 parents?"

"I did, I just wanted a second opinion is all. Jay? Lottie?" Lottie was the next to speak up. "If you're sure that it is the best thing for you, then I think you should do it."

"But I'd be leaving you... I don't want to do that to you."

"I'll be fine, Harry. This is about you, and I love you, and I want you to be happy." Lottie really was the best, even if she didn't like to admit it, she was probably the most loving and supporting person anyone could ever wish for, and that is one of the many reasons why he loved her, but we won't get into the others, she was his best friend, and fake girlfriend for now, and he never wanted to let her go.

Harry noticed that most of the night, Lottie was trying to be extra touchy with him. They had told her parents that they weren't actually together, and he still didn't tell her who he was trying to make jealous.

He thought for a moment. Had he made it obvious? He truly wanted to make Louis jealous, but she didn't need to know that. Unless she already did, but he just played along with it, because maybe she really was thinking of the same person he was. Whether she knew or not, he saw that it was slightly working... but not in the way that he wanted it to. Harry was looking at Louis' face, as Lottie had placed a tiny kiss on his cheek, with her arm around his waist. Was Louis... crying? No, of course not. Louis was straight, or maybe bi, but if he were actually crying... could he not be straight? Harry was staring at Louis, and when he noticed, Louis said he was going to go for a walk. More like a run, the way he sprinted out of there.