chapter - 5 (EDITED)

ATHENA

I close the door of my room with the sole purpose of eating and in any case not be embarrassed by my roaring stomach.

Getting out of my room, i saw Dan exiting his room at the same time. He said nothing but smirked at my 'dress'. Making a mental note to avenge him afterwards we both go downstairs.

I enter the living room, looking at the floor, not paying attention cause now i am seriously hungry and i have fainted a few times just because my hunger level is low. So, I have-

'There they are! This is my son, Daniel and my daughter, Athena. Athena Dan meet Mr and Mrs Saunders and their son, Dylan Saunders.'

Upon hearing his name, my eyes widened.
I looked up to see him already looking at me. I can see a hint of shock on his face but it recovered almost immediately. Replaced with a smirk.

I want to swipe that smirk off his face so badly. No, scratch that. I want to rip that smirk off his face.

'So you wanted to thank me so desperately that you invited me to dinner. Honestly, don't you think it's a bit too much.?'

Again that smirk.....

Ignoring him, i turn towards my mom, fuming with anger.

'Mom what the heck is this creature doing here? Who invit-' I said but zipped my mouth when i saw her glaring at me with a look that says you-better-shut-up-or-you'll-see-the-worst.

She drags me with her to a little distance from everyone.

'Ena, you better go apologize for what you did, and don't you dare interrupt me.' She said when she saw me about to say something.

'But mo-'

'No dessert for you, young lady. As i said, do not interrupt me.'

'Now if you don't want your dinner to be canceled, go apologize to Dylan.'

'Why should i? He should be the one apologizing me.' I said, staying firm on my ground.

It was not me who first started it.

'So you don't want to have dinner as well?' My firm ground started crumbling under my feet.

'Fine.' Now i can do anything for food. I need food or I'll faint and i don't wanna faint. I don't want anyone looking at me with their concerned faces. Its just really embarrassing. Or is it?

I walk towards them and notice Dylan was frowning talking to his dad.
'You never talked like th-' his dad was saying something to him but i decided to say what i wanna say, i need food now

'Ummm....... sorry to interrupt, i just wanna apologize Mr. Saunders.'

Turning towards Dylan, 'I am sorry Dylan.'
That i don't regret a bit, i won't add that.

His dad shook his head, 'No, it wasn't your fault in the first place, dear. Dylan should be the one to apologize.' Now that he spoke, i noticed that Dylan has similar features. Except his blue eyes, guess he got them from his mom.
His mom and my mom has already started gossiping. Moms can never change. Internally, sighing i turn towards Dylan. He was already looking at me.

Oh god! I can't deal with this anymore. Just as i was about to go, he spoke.

'I'm sorry.' he said, looking at his mom.

Mom has disappeared in kitchen. And his mom has started talking with Daniel. Probably talking about what he's doing right now.

'It's okay.' Saying that i go to my mum into kitchen, like a lost puppy.