CHAPTER 3

Vegas didn't understand how it happened but he didn't manage to cross paths with Pete in any way in the week he was there. It was as if Pete was doing his best to avoid him.

Vegas didn't want to push it in the beginning and he let Pete be but now he was losing his mind over not being even able to see him.

He tried to fix Pete's schedule to accommodate his own but that didn't help.

"What the fuck are you doing?" he went to Porsche, he knew he was involved in that matter.

"Uh? What are you talking about? Be clear, I can't read your mind"

"Pete, are you changing his schedule?"

"Ah about that, it was Pete's request. You told me to do whatever to make him happy and that was it" Porsche shrugged.

"You know this goes against everything we are doing" Vegas was frustrated, to say the least, Pete was avoiding him and Porsche just made things worse.

"He begged me Vegas, I can't do anything but help him. He said he wants to be as invisible as possible to you and to increase his training as he feels rusty"

"Where is he now?"

"Probably shooting range" he guessed.

"Don't change his schedule anymore, if he has a problem tell him to come to me directly. If he asks me then I'll see what I can do"

"Mhm don't put him on rest, I saw that schedule. This isn't your Pete, remember that he still has the mentality of a main bodyguard"

"No need to remind me" Vegas said annoyed.

"You should remember it. As much as it hurts you that's how things are. If you treat him like he's already yours you'll drive him further away. I'm telling you this because I care about Pete, he came to me more than once. He didn't want to come to you, he is very sceptical of you. He wouldn't trust you, not even in a life or death matter. So be careful, he isn't scared of you but he thinks you want to use him. No matter how many times I told him to trust me that you are different he still didn't change his mind so do yourself a favour and remember that this isn't your man. You have to get him back and the way you are doing it won't do it"

"What did he say exactly?"

"I told you more than enough, make everything I said be enough to you"

"I'll see what I can do. Mhm... thank you" Vegas thanked him and left.

Pete was exactly where Porsche said he was, he was with some other guards practising shooting. Pete was so precise and never missed his target.

Vegas looked at him and he couldn't help but think how sexy he looked and how much he wanted to have him all for himself, touch him and fuck him right there in the shooting range, of course with only the two of them in the room. He wouldn't let anyone look at his precious boyfriend.

"Do you mind if I join?" Vegas suddenly asked all his guards while entering the room. Everyone turned around and invited him to practice.

"Does anyone want a challenge?" he smirked and looked around with all the guards avoiding his gaze.

Pete looked at him briefly and then moved his stare back at his gun.

Vegas knew he shouldn't have been like that but he was disappointed Pete didn't even try. His Pete always battled him in shooting and martial arts, just for fun because Pete enjoyed training together.

Vegas wanted to call him directly and challenge him but, thinking about what Porsche told him, it didn't look like a good idea.

So he just took the place of whoever was training next to Pete and started shooting with his glock.