~Chapter Ten: Happily Ever After~

It took a few months for Olive to adjust to the human realm. Salem wasn't going to let his little dove out in the public, he feared Olive would be taken away. It wasn't as if he never got to be outside though, Olive was allowed in the backyard where they could sleep anywhere they wanted, or do whatever they chose. To Salem, it only ever mattered that Olive was happy and safe from harm. As he held the smaller, sweeter creature in his arms, sitting on the porch swing, he sighed, realizing that they'd finally be able to stay together, nothing would rip them apart again. He relaxed and nestled his head into the crook of Olive's neck, letting out a calm breath that he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He let out a gentle laugh as he felt Olive's body shudder along with his wings as he tucked his body into Salem's, amusing him. He watched as the sky faded into a starburst of color, orange, yellow, a little bit of red and the slightest tint of purple. He lifted Olive up into his arms and got up off the swing. Salem wasn't the strongest, but he was definitely able to carry Olive in his arms for however long he needed to. He walked inside, headed to their room to sleep, Salem setting the still sleeping dragon gently on the bed as he picked up a change of sweats and boxers, heading into the bathroom.
     Olive rolled over onto his side and nearly panicked when he realized he was back in the bedroom he and Salem slept in, his lover's scent floating in the air, calming his enhanced senses. He let his body relax and sink into the bed, his feathers spreading as they fluffed before returning to their smoothed down state. He waited for Salem to finish, getting up and picking up a pair of sleep clothes.
     When Salem came out a few minutes after Olive woke up, he was wearing what he grabbed to change into, walking up to Olive and placing a gentle kiss to the corner of his eye, his wings fluttering. The inhuman boy got up to go shower as well, wanting to join Salem and cuddle, before heading to sleep. He washed his wings and every inch of his body before drying off, his wings warm but damp with little water. He changed and walked out, slipping into bed with Salem as he had already gotten comfortable so that Olive could huddle up with him. Even if it did look a bit funny, Olive always managed to stay the big spoon, his arms, legs, and even his wings and tail, laying delicately over Salem's body, sometimes holding onto him. Salem turned his head to press his lips sweetly against Olive's. "Good night, dove, I love you," he spoke quietly, Olive placing his head against Salem's back, careful not to hurt him with his sharper horn. He smiled when he heard Olive let out a small giggle before replying, "I love you too, Salem, good night."

~End~