Chapter 1 - A Hero's New Beginning

I open my eyes, looking around at the unfamiliar landscape. What is this place? I asked myself but somehow, I couldn't think of an answer. In fact, I don't know why I'm here, or anything else. The only thing I remember is my name, Teroz. I quickly stand up and see that I'm in a boat, surrounding by some sort of sailors, as a man, spinning a dagger in his hand, walks up to me.

"Good, you're awake. We're about to reach our destination." He says, quickly walking back out. I stand up and notice that I'm wearing some heavy armour, and a Greatsword on my back sheathe.

"When did I get this?..." I ask myself, but try not to pay attention to it, as I walk out of the room, walking past the other sailors, and noticing a beautiful island ahead of us.

"Alright boys! We're here! Trunlo, the Forgotten City!" The ginger haired man shouts at me and the others, as I look at the breath-taking views ahead of me.

"So, this is Trunlo, huh?" I say to myself, as I begin to get hypnotised by the pulchritudinous scenery right in front of my very eyes.

"Alright, we're here! Time to find that treasure." The ginger haired man shouts at us, as we all get off, one by one.

"Hey, come over here." I hear someone talking to me, and I turn to see a middle aged man, asking me to come over, which I do.

"Yes? Do you need something?" I look at him with a confused face, unsure of why he would need me out of everyone here.

"Could you go and get the Priest some water? I think the seasickness is getting to him." I look over at the diminishing Priest, seeing his condition and quickly nod.

"I'll do that right away!" I rush off to find any source of water with a bottle in my hand. And who knew, there was a puddle of fresh water, right next to the campsite.

"Nice, now to fill this up, and bring it to the Priest..." I quickly dip the bottle in the puddle, filling it up and running over to the sickly Priest.

"Here you g-." He takes the bottle from my hand and starts to down it.

"Water...sweet water..." He speaks in between breaths, as if he just ran across the world.

"Thank you, kind sir. May I know your name?" He asks me in a sweet voice, as he gives me a sweet smile.

"Of course, my name's Teroz." I speak in my usual monotone voice, as if I hadn't had one single emotion built in my brain.

"Teroz? What a unique name you have. I'm Laurius, the new Priest of The Sacran Order." He says, looking at me with that same smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet another kind person here." He says, walking up to me and putting his arm around my neck to my shoulder.

"Indeed, it is. Say, what is The Sacran Order?" I wonder in bewilderment, assuming that even though he was new, he would still at least know its history.

"The Sacran Order is basically the higher ups of the Church, we are the ones who aid the sickly, and treat the wounded. But, our greatest desire, is to use The Atlas, to heal all life in Melenia." His sentence discombobulates me. What the heck is "The Atlas" all about? Maybe it's something important.

"The Atlas?" I look at him with a face of bewilderment.

"Oh, I guess the Captain never told you about it. The Atlas is an ancient artist act, built by the gods to help turn this world into a home for any race, for generations, a beacon of light to brighten up dark times." I nod my head in approval. What a fascinating story, an artefact built by the gods to light up the darkness that still lingers. Truly superb.

"So, The Atlas is an ancient artefact of the Gods, that is said to be something to can light up the world against the Darkness? As if it is some sort of weapon." I say my point of view on this whole artefact, as it seems to be a truly powerful weapon to use against the forces of evil.

"Yes, that is correct." A smile crept upon my face, as I thought of how powerful the artefact truly is.

"But what we are looking for right now is a stone tablet, directly connected to The Atlas. It is located here in Trunlo, The Lost City." My eyes sparkle in wonder, as I just heard what he said. A stone tablet directly connected to an artefact with that level of power.

"Alright folks! It's time to get a move on! Push forward!" The ginger haired man speaks, his voice hollers over ours,as he gets our attention.

"Move it! We got a lot of ground to cover!" I see everyone start moving ahead into the forest, from this desolate little beach.

"The advanced crew came here and said they found nothing, utterly useless..." I hear the man who I assume is the Captain speak again, whacking at the bushes with his long cutlass.

"I will say this right now, all of you are expendable. If you get yourself into danger or whatever, I will not hesitate to leave you." He says, keeping that same cold blooded expression on his scarred face.

"Good- Now t-." He was about to speak , until he gets interrupted by one of the other men.

"SIR!!" This man's yell catches the attention of everyone, even me and Laurius.

"Hm?" The Captain genuinely looks confused as well as concerned at the sudden yelling from one of his crew members.

"TROLLS!! TROLLS IN THE CAMPSITE!!" This catches everyone's attention, as we look over to the section of the campsite, and notice a humongous smoke cloud, trailing above a blazing fire. And the sudden screams of people perishing made my blood boil.