8

The appointment went perfectly. Maddy was estimated to be 7 to 8 weeks along, and they estimated her due date to be October 5th, right between Talladega and the Charlotte Roval. When the appointment ended, they headed home and started to get ready for Daytona.

Packing for Daytona was a nightmare. They got home Monday, and after her appointment, most of Tuesday was spent packing to be ready to leave Monday morning.

They had decided to leave Luke at daycare for the morning and naptime so he and Maddy could get things together, and assuming they'd use his truck again, he left his keys on the counter.

"Ryan, can you put your keys away?" She asked.

"We're gonna take the Bronco again since your cars in the garage, honey,"

"I know, but please put them on the rack," she asked again.

"Alright. One second, laundry's done," he said as he intended to switch it to the dryer, but Maddy was getting more and more frustrated.

"Ryan, the keys go on the rack! It's not that hard!" She snapped, grabbing them and putting them on the rack herself.

As soon as she snapped, she just started crying, not knowing what was going on. It was the mood swings, not to mention she was awake half of the night with awful nausea.

"Yeah, this is what Mom warned me about. It's just a mood swing. Come here," he said as he pulled her close and simply held her. "It's just your hormones, honey,"

"Please don't leave me. I'm sorry,"

"I'm not going anywhere, Maddy. You know that, honey,"

"I hate this," she mumbled, holding onto him.

"I know. I think you're tired, too. We were up a lot last night with how nauseous you were. I was giving you mints every 5 minutes," he sighed, "Come on. Let's go up to bed,"

She nodded and wiped her eyes, heading up the steps and sinking right into their bed.

Molly came up behind them, sitting in the doorway, while Ryan sat with Maddy and rubbed her back to help her fall asleep.

"I'll be downstairs," he whispered, kissing her cheek before he tucked her in a little bit more and went back down the steps.

Molly took Ryan leaving as her opportunity to jump on the bed and curl into Maddy's side.

Ryan checked in on Maddy several times before he got her favorite ice cream and snacks, taking them upstairs to get Maddy up. He set the stuff down on their dresser and went to gently shake Maddy awake, but Molly just growled at him.

"Yeah, I figured you'd do this," he nodded, grabbing a bone off the dresser and giving it to her. All she did was growl at him again.

"Alright, come on, you chunky nugget," Ryan sighed and picked her up, being careful as she squirmed all over the place.

"Don't call my nugget a chunky nugget. She's a fluffy nugget," Maddy pouted as she rolled over to snuggle into her husband.

Molly wasn't having it. She got right back up on the bed and wiggled her way between them, laying her head right on Maddy's stomach.