12

After the race, Hailey and Jay had said they would take Lukas for the night since they hadn't seen him in a while.

"It's not victory lane, but it's just you and I tonight," she said as they both got in the bus.

"It is what it is, I guess. Move on to Fontana," he shrugged, flopping on their bed in the back.

Maddy kicked off her shoes and joined him in their bed, lying on her side next to him.

"What do you think? A walk around Daytona or movies and popcorn in bed. And a movie that's not Cars or Bluey,"

"Anything relaxing," he mumbled into the pillow.

"Let me be clear. If I give you a back rub, it's not going any further. I'm already pregnant, honey," she joked, finally getting a small chuckle from him. "There's my guy,"

"I love you, babe,"

"I love you," she grinned, kissing his cheek, "I'm proud of you. No matter where you place,"

"I know,"

"Alright, if we're relaxing in bed, then let's at least get in pajamas and under the covers," she said as she got up and got pajamas for both of them, changed, and got back in bed.

She knew exactly what he needed and turned on the first Star Wars movie she could find.

"You hate Star Wars,"

"I may. But I'm not the one who spent roughly four and a half hours in a car that wasn't up to par," she said as she got comfortable in bed, "Come on. Get cozy,"

Both of them got cuddled up in bed, Maddy lasting only 10 minutes into the movie before she was sound asleep. Ryan was partially to blame as he'd been messing with her hair, and they both knew it was a foolproof way to get her to sleep.

The whole Blaney-Halstead family decided to stay in Florida until Wednesday before Maddy, Ryan, and Lukas would head straight to Fontana, Lisa and Dave would go back to North Carolina, and Hailey and Jay would go back to Chicago.

Ryan and Maddy packed a small bag from what they had in the bus and moved to the hotel on Monday so their driver could head home or meet them in California.

Lukas enjoyed all the time at the beach, which was where they spent most of their time left in Daytona. They hit a water park, and all 3 of the ladies had a spa day while Ryan, Dave, and Jay took Lukas to the waterpark.

They got dinner every night, and all in all, the family was happy. Everyone loved everyone.

On their last night there, they found a perfect way to tell Ryan's sisters that they were going to be aunts to a little baby, expected in October.

Everyone sat in their hotel room and watched as they got the toaster oven out and put a hamburger bun inside before they FaceTimed Emma and Erin.

"Hey," Erin answered first, clearly at home and also with William Byron, who drove the 24 car.

Emma wasn't too far behind her, answering after another minute or so.

"We have a little riddle for you guys," Ryan smiled, looking at Maddy, who also grinned.

"Alright, shoot," Erin nodded, setting her phone down so she and William could both see.

"Alright. You ready, Emma?"

"Yeah, let's see it,"

Ryan chuckled and turned the camera to face the toaster oven, waiting as his sisters tried to figure it out.

"What's in it?" The driver of the 24-car asked, "Can we open the door?"

"Yeah," Ryan said as he opened the small door, revealing the hamburger bun.

"Why is there a hamburger bun in there?" Erin chuckled, both Ryan and Maddy waiting until one of them connected it.

"Hamburger bun in a toaster oven. Wait! Bun in the oven? Maddy, are you pregnant!" Emma asked, beaming as Ryan turned the camera around again.

"Surprise!" Maddy grinned, "We're pregnant!"

"No way!!!" Erin squealed.

"Yes, way!" Maddy nodded, "We had our first appointment on Wednesday, and the doctor thinks I'm about 7 or 8 weeks,"

"Congratulations, guys!" William smiled.

"What do you think it'll be?" Emma asked, setting her phone down so she didn't have to hold it anymore.

"I'm just hoping for another easy-ish pregnancy," she chuckled, "Luke's was perfectly healthy besides my idiot ex-husband,"

"You better take care of her, Ryan," Emma said, Erin also nodding.

"I will,"

"He already is leaps and bounds ahead of him. He's been so supportive and amazing to me," Maddy smiled, "He wouldn't still be around if he didn't,"

"How'd Luke react? Did you tell him yet?" Erin asked.

"Lukey, come here," Ryan said, lifting the boy up as soon as he came over, "Tell your aunts what mommy and daddy told you,"

"I gonna have a baby brother or sister!" He squealed, nearly missing Ryan's face as he threw his hands in the air.

"You excited, buddy?"

"Yeah!" He nodded, "Daddy, I go play cars now,"

"Okay, go ahead, little man," he nodded as he set his feet on the floor.

Lukas ran and hung out with his grandparents while Ryan and Maddy talked with his sisters a little bit longer.

As soon as they returned to their own room, Ryan set a sleeping Lukas on his little cot that they traveled with, and both him and Maddy crawled into bed, falling asleep quickly for the night.

——————

They spent one last day at the beach in Florida before they were all at the airport and splitting off to go their separate ways.

"I love you, kid," Jay said as he hugged Maddy tightly.

"I love you too, Dad. I'm glad you guys could make it out," she nodded, hugging him just as tightly before she hugged Hailey, "I love you, mama,"

"I love you too, baby. Text me when you guys land in California?" She requested before hugging the rest of their family.

After all the hugs were given, the little family of 3 headed to their gate, and they were off to Fontana, California For the next race.