Acknowledgments

In July 2021, nearly 2 years ago, my friend Ajax created the Alice in Borderland: The Cycle Continues roleplay.

It was simple at first, just a group of friends playing in games. As we cleared more games... We started trying to create an overarching storyline. It was nothing crazy or deep, just something to loosely tie everything together.

After 8 months, we completed the cycle. Towards the end, I had the idea to turn our roleplay into a story. We mainly prioritized just having fun, not paying too much mind into plot or character development or anything. So, I began crafting the idea for what an overarching story could be like, with the characters in mind.

In December 2021, I began writing out the story. On May 15, 2022, I published the first 20 chapters onto Wattpad, and it was a hit! You guys loved it!

The year went by, with 1-2 uploads weekly, until now. The story grew to beyond what I could've ever expected, and it's been praised to a degree I would've never imagined.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Each and every one of you who ever read, who ever voted, who ever commented.

The fact that in the end, this actually happened, is insane to me. I can't believe it's done, and I can't believe you've all have supported me until now.

Thank you to everyone who has read my story.

Thank you so much to all of my hardcore fans who have shown a clear dedication in supporting me!

Thank you to Fusillo! You were always the first to read my chapters and spot any errors, and always brought a good theory to the table. Thank you to all the comments and votes you have left on nearly every single chapter!
Fusillo006

Thank you to Blue Mango! You were always the one to pick up on the smallest clues and details and analyze them to the extreme!
Blu_Meingo

Thank you to LeThaidat! I hope Gabura and Aoyama's ending satisfied you, because I know you loved those two together!
LeThaidat

Thank you to Studded! You had the most batshit crazy theories, and reading them knowing full well what would happen would always be so fun.
Studded1

Thank you to Zyler! Your warning for the APCSP exam during the King of Hearts came in super clutch.
4815162342q

Thank you to Cam! Your message in the Joker chapter was one of the kindest I've ever received.
Camyboy667

HUGE thank you to everyone who was part of the original roleplay...

Squid, creator of Charlie, who would become Charī. Your sense of humor is... Definitely something, but you've been one of the best friends I've ever made online.

TheBardPrince, creator of Ben and Tris, who would become Benkei and Tori. You were always a bright person who made every roleplay better. I haven't talked to you in ages, but wherever you are now, I hope you're happy.

Byeimhi, creator of Chase, who would become Chihaya. I haven't talked to you in a while either, but you were always a super fun person who always added a charm to every roleplay. I hope you're happy too, wherever you are.
@byeimhithesecond

Jamarkus, creator of Niko. I haven't talked to you for a long, long time. He was always a super fun character, and I hope you're doing great in life.

Juniper, creator of Aulia. She was always a super fun character, and your daily injuries were always a spectacle to witness.
juniohs

Sailor, creator of Hanako. Even though she was only on for a few games, she actually grew to be a fan favorite!

Samira, creator of Natsuki. It was a shame Natsuki went so soon, but you had guts for making your character a dealer.
SamiraPan2ra

Milly, creator of Ray, who would become Raiya. Here's to hoping your magician fantasies come to life.

... And also a HUGE thank you to the two amazing editors and proofreaders who helped me along the journey!

Blobby, who helped significantly during the First Stage. Thank you for your sharp eye that always caught small errors, and for always making sure I put my health first.
Blobby2121

Darkness, who helped significantly during the Second Stage. Your advice during the King of Diamonds was invaluable, and you were the one who kickstarted me wanting to reinvigorate my past AiB fandom friendships!

Finally, the two biggest thanks. I would like to thank, from the bottom of my heart Ajax and Pyn. Without you two this would NEVER have been possible.

===

Ajax, creator of Rafferty; Erina; Mark, who would become Makasu; and the daycare kids Karamu, Rose, Hanna, and N.

Creator of:
•   Q♤ Voodoo Doll, altered in the novel.
•   K♡ Volition Raffle, significantly altered in the novel.

===

Pyn, creator of Jeremiah, who would become Judumai; Gabriella, would would become Gabura; Ryota; Hideo; Higeki, who would become Nakasone; and Koharu.

Creator of:
•   3♡ Pull the Rope, which Wheels of Fortune was based on.
•   6♢ Philosophy, altered in the novel.
• 5♡ Hung Jury, slightly altered in the novel.
• 2♧ Jenga, virtually unchanged in the novel.
•   10♧ Treasure Hunt, altered in the novel.
•   J♡ Plead, virtually unchanged in the novel.
•   Q♢ Submission by Assumption, which Ascension was based on.

===

This story is far from perfect.

I've made a feedback form, and I wish to collect some of your feedback about the story. Here is the link:

https://forms.gle/Y8LnZu223yQgtBq58

You can copy it on mobile/pc, then paste it! It will take 5-10 minutes max, and I would truly, truly appreciate if you guys could take the time to fill it out. It's also in my profile bio which you can click on directly, if you cannot copy and paste it.

By the way, I've made a discord server!

https://discord.gg/qZHs94AN4r

Again, you can copy it on mobile/pc. My discord server will be used for updates on future works, and also just a place for us to chat!

In a few days, I'll release a final chapter titled "The Future" where I'll talk about my future plans and projects. Stay tuned.

Until then, thank you for your continued support for AiB: The Cycle Continues.