The Perfect Solider

Written June 5th, 2015

Designed, forged, pushed, broken, remade, and a warrior. The blood in the veins of a true soldier only keeps going, never slows, never falters, and never fails. He or She follows orders without question, the mind becomes accustom to commands and the mind becomes a program. They will kill upon command, they give they're loved ones their shield, and for their enemies, their sword. They don't know how to quit, it's simply not in their design, and yet, despite the mental injury and the pain they go through, they still keep going. The scars of the battlefield are brushed off as if nothing happened. The person they inspire to be is well armed and able to protect, we recognize the brave men and women who fight in combat, but very few recognize those brave men and women who fight their own personal battles. The struggle of feeding their own families or the struggle to silence the voices of self-destruction, the perfect solider, may be in the battlefield, but there could be one right near you, or even beside, but you are just to oblivious. You may be too blind to see what people are fighting for, whether it's for freedom, or fighting for you.

*Writer's note: I'll be writing every Friday from now on, thank you for your patience.