but you make the worst one look fine

Chapter four

Chapter four

Finally, the day has here. Their initial lesson in Auradon. Except that there was only the five of them and a library present, but it still felt like being in a real classroom with an instructor. "Remedial Goodness 101" was the name of the course. Amelia rationalized that it was only natural for the bad kids to enroll in that class. However, she couldn't truly hold them responsible because she and her friends had attempted to steal the wand previously. At least, nobody was aware of it.

As they were about to take a seat, she observed that each table only had two chairs, which meant that someone would be left out. The others' attention was drawn to Mal when she noticed her friend's frown and questioned, "Are you alright?" "Yeah, just one of us is going to sit alone since there's only two chairs at each table." 

Jay quickly discovered the solution to this issue and added a chair from another table to make three chairs presentable. He grinned and remarked, "Here, problem solved," to Amelia. While Mal sat on the right and Evie in the center, she smiled back as she took a seat on the left. The boys were seated next them, close to one another. It had finally arrived, and class was about to start.

Fairy Godmother was their instructor. She continued to give examples of both positive and bad circumstances. Everything that she taught was written on the board in front of her. She gave these kinds of examples before asking the children questions about the topic to make sure they understood.

"If someone hands you a crying baby" she read out loud. "Do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" she asked them. 

While the others tried their best to stay active in the class, Mal was doodling in her stretch book out of boredom with the questions.

Evie excitedly raised her hand, grabbing Fairy Godmother's attention as she called on her. "What was the second one?"

"Anyone else?" Fairy Godmother inquired while scanning the space. She waited for someone to raise their hand before asking Mal to respond.

"C, give it a bottle," she answered. 

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Good job, Mal!" Amelia exclaimed.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like fun...." Mal told them like it was so obvious.

Amelia chuckled, "Ohh, that makes so much more sense. The others agreed with her statement.

Following that, footsteps were heard, indicating that someone had entered. The girl had a dress on and short hair. She squeaked as she passed them and appeared to be quite nervous and uneasy.

After noticing the girl approaching her, the Fairy Godmother greeted her with a "Hello, dear one". She introduced herself in a low voice and explained that she had to leave early for some coronation. Mal seemed to notice this as she elbowed Evie, who then touched Amelia on the shoulder to draw her attention.

Holding the clipboard she got from the girl, she asked "Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" 

She continued, pushing her daughter once further in their direction, "Jane, this is everyone." Amelia waved back to Jane's weak "hi" in the hopes that it would comfort the young woman who was frightened. Jane began speaking quickly and said she had to go, practically racing by them and squeaking once more.

After Jane vanished, Amelia turned her attention from her to Mal as she gave her infamous smile. She has something planned, judging by her smile. She was unsure of whether it would be a good or bad idea.

"Let's continue," Fairy Godmother said looking at the blackboard for her next question. "You find a vile of a poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple?" making the girls laugh. "Or C, turn it over the proper authorities?" After reading the last part, Amelia, Evie, Carlos, and Jay put their hand up to answer the question. 

Jay began lowering Carlos' hands since he perceived this as a challenge. Carlos made an effort to respond, but it was ineffective because Jay was called upon by the Fairy Godmother. "C," he said with confidence. "You give it over to the proper authorities."

Carlos started hitting Jay's arm. , "I was going to say that!" He yelled out in rage. "But I said it first," Jay argue. As Jay placed Carlos in a headlock. Oh brother, thought the girls as they watched. As Fairy Godmother demanded for them to stop when the conflict swiftly got worse.

"I am going to encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." As she looked at them both, she spoke to them.

Quickly separating themselves, Jay and Carlos said they would decline the offer.

However, the Fairy Godmother didn't give much thought as she led them to the field.