✮ 2 ~ A Rough Ride

~Narrator POV~
|
It wasn't too long before the train departed the station.
You sat in your seat, blankly staring out the window, humming softly to yourself as the other passengers conversed among themselves.
You watched the bypassing stars, wishing you open the window and reach out for one, wishing for the usual company you'd have before you arrived here... quite lonesome indeed.
You sighed heavily, turning around to look at the passengers sitting across the corridor.
'They don't seem too bad...'
You thought to yourself, looking at the baked beings who seemed to be enjoying their time.
"Kwa! Kyu... Doa??"
Oh. So that doughnut is the one that's speaking that foreign language...
You examined the doughnut for a moment, before a cookie popped his head out, staring straight at you.
You jumped slightly at the sight, before calming down for a moment, clearly embarrassed to have been caught staring.
How did you forget? You saw that cookie and the doughnut sitting next to each other when Milky Way Cookie was leading you to your seat.
The cookie was aware of your startled presence and waved at you.
The gesture confused you however, since the wave was friendly but the cookie's facial expression was totally blank.
You waved back hesitantly, and the cookie went back to their normal position— where you couldn't see them since the doughnut was your whole view from the side.
You sighed, leaning against the train window, resuming to staring into the astronomical view.
"Kyu-kyu!! Prrrrprrrr! Do-doaaa?"
"Uh, no. Kwa... kyu?"
Interesting, so the cookie knows how to talk like the doughnut too?
You laid back in the seat, feeling a little worn out from uneasiness.
Staring out the window once again, you couldn't help but feel like some eyes were one you.
Or perhaps, you're just paranoid, since you've never been around any other sugar-sweet beings at all?
Closing your eyes, you hummed to yourself, shrugging off the thoughts.
And you thought everything was fine.
.
.
.
Until the train came to an abrupt stop.
Milky Way Cookie blew her whistle, calling out to some of the passengers.
"Choo choo! Alrighty, we have arrived at Choco Planet! Thank you for taking the SugarCloud Express!"
She said, yawning and smiling proudly.
"Passengers, you may now exit the train! Next stop— Whipped Cream Galaxy!"
The doors of the train opened, and you blankly watched some of the passengers get up from their seat and exit.
I mean, hey, at least it's less noisy in the train now, you know?
You took a moment to soak up the amount of silence that now resided in the place of the empty seats of the train.
"Hello! I've never seen you on this train before! Would you like a snack?"
Startled, you looked towards the being.
"We have soda and snacks! Here, have a pack of StarFlour Crisps! They're a classic for train passengers here!"
They said, handing you a small package.
You didn't know what to do, so you just bowed your head in a thankful manner.
"If you need anything else, don't be afraid to reach out!"
They said, before walking to other side of the corridor to the doughnut and cookie.
You were accustomed to eating star jellies in space, never having to unpack anything and such, so you were quite dumbfounded on how to 'eat' this.
Looking at the doughnut, catching a moment of them just devouring the packaging whole.
You stared back at the small package, contemplating if you really should take after the doughnut's manner.
"Space Doughnut... You need to learn to take the wrapping off..!"
The cookie said, shaking his head at Space Doughnut's actions.
You heard the food vendor laugh, and they shook their head as well.
"Well, I guess they couldn't wait to eat it, huh? Anyways, welcome back onboard, Space Doughnut and Stardust Cookie!"
The food vendor said cheerfully, as the waved to them and continued to serve snacks to the remaining passengers on the train.
"Choo choo! Alright passengers, the doors are now closing! We will now be on our way!"
Milky Way Cookie said, and you felt the train begin moving again.
You hesitantly opened the package of the StarFlour Crisp, and took a small bite out of it.
It tasted quite delightful, but you still didn't exactly trust eating the whole thing.
Besides, you don't even know how you got here anyway, but it was an opportunity to meet more stars from different star clusters.
You put the StarFlour Crisp down, sighed heavily and leaned back into the seat once again.
This was all too new...