✮ 3 ~ Friendly Company

{No, I am not going to involve Dr. Evilglaze in this story... sorry 😪}
|
~Narrator's POV~
|
The train continued making its way through the clouds and stars, you being able to see multiple planets along the way.
This experience is rather... putting you to sleep, supposedly.
A faint chatter in the background as your eyes fix on the sceneries outside of the window.
Oh, how you wished to be outside of that train... but you knew nothing of this "World of Dreams."
The stars seemed to be calling out your name.. they were like family to you.
You'd do anything in that moment to have that comforting presence beside you.
.
.
.
"Kyu! Doaa! Kwack! Prrrprrrr!"
You turned your head, and saw that doughnut standing next to your seat.
"Do you... need something?"
You said blankly, utterly confused about the doughnut's language.
"Space Doughnut! Erm... maybe she would appreciate some space, perhaps??"
You heard the other cookie say.
It seemed like the doughnut could understand that cookie's words... yet couldn't understand anyone else's.
Oh... didn't that food vendor address their names earlier..?
Right. Stardust Cookie and Space Doughnut, I believe.
Plus, Stardust Cookie just addressed Space Doughnut as well.
You snapped out of your thought process, and shook your head in a reassuring manner.
"No, it is alright. Are you... wanting to sit next to me?"
You asked Space Doughnut, tilting your head slightly.
"Kwa?"
The Space Doughnut seemed extremely happy by that question.
You leaned over to see Stardust Cookie sitting in his seat, just staring over at you and Space Doughnut.
He had a small smile on his face, finally seeing Space Doughnut making a new friend.
"Hey, you... Stardust Cookie, right? What's the Space Doughnut saying..?"
You asked hesitantly, not wanting any mistakes to be made.
"Well actually, you nailed it quite right-on. Space Doughnut thinks you could use some company. After all, we have never seen you here before. You're new, are you not?"
Stardust Cookie responded, but it took you a moment to respond.
'Am I so sure that he's a cookie? His appearance is something I've never seen before.
Stardust Cookie... Stardust Cookie... why does that sound so faintly familiar?
Haven't I heard one of the stars say that name before?'
You thought, as your gaze was upon him.
You observed his appearance— his hair, his cloak, his dough.
Oh, his eyes... they're some kind of beauty you've never seen before!
A beautiful blue sky filled with an infinite number of stars... yes, that is how to describe them.
Recollecting yourself together, you answered him.
"Yes, I am new to this whole 'World of Dreams' thing. I can barely recall... Had I been drifting in the void too far away from my home... I know not."
You said, sighing softly, before turning to Space Doughnut.
"Very well then, you may sit next to me. I wasn't expecting company at all... but that's alright. Expect the unexpected, as the stars have told me."
You muttered, as you leaned back in the seat.
Space Doughnut happily sat beside you, their expression as cheerful as ever.
You remembered about Space Doughnut enjoying the StarFlour Crisps, so you pulled it out, broke off the part that you bit, and looked at the doughnut.
"I saw you eating these earlier... you seem to enjoy them... yes?"
You asked Space Doughnut, holding up the crisp.
Their eyes sparkled at the sight of the packaging, but not the crisp.
How come?
Oh, they don't know how to take the packaging off, and they just eat it whole...
That's right...
"You silly thing... have you ever had the snack without the packaging?"
You said, laughing softly at the doughnut's expressions.
They were confused between the packaging and the crisp..!
How adorable... such a sweet little thing.
You put the crisp in one of their hands, and looked at them reassuringly.
"I promise, eating just the crisp won't kill you."
You said, though you were laughing at yourself in your mind.
You didn't even trust eating the crisp..! But oh well, it seems the doughnut can tolerate it, yes?
Space Doughnut just looked at the crisp in confusion, before you heard chuckling in the background.
Stardust Cookie, watching from his seat, laughing at Space Doughnut's confusion.
Looking at him, you felt a smile creep up on your face.
"Hey, why don't you come over here and sit in front of us? The seat is empty, you know?"
You said, beckoning Stardust Cookie to come over here, and not watch from afar.
That lonely feeling... it was something you hated.
You would wish that no other being would have to be on the side.
Stardust Cookie looked at you, a little surprised, but he got up and sat in the seat in front of you and Space Doughnut.
You smiled at the thought of having company... a warm, comforting presence.
Something you thought only the stars had, but alas, here you are now.