Introduction

Water dripped from the crack in the ceiling, creating a pool on the hardwood floor. Additional water damage littered the tile ceiling and sheetrocked walls. The wooden window frame was busted as the glass had completely shattered.

Strong gusts of wind blew every so often, pushing more rain in with it. The scratchy blanket lay forgotten near the puddle, slowly soaking up the water. Purple high heels were discarded near the door.

A broken chair crumbled on the floor. Its leg rolled until it was met with an obstacle, a body propped against the far wall.

Her clothes were soaked in blood. The locks that once extended past her shoulders laid on the floor. The short, choppy hair allowed exposure of the makeup and blood that had smeared down her face.

Her leg sat in an unnatural position, as if it were broken. Scars lined her upper thighs, no longer covered by her skirt. The crop top left her stomach exposed. A large gash spread from one side of her abdomen to another, pairing well with the slash across her throat.

It would be days before anyone noticed her absence. It would be another week before anyone found her body. No one searched for her.

It had been an accidental discovery when a construction crew was tasked to empty the building in preparation for demolition. Even after being declared a homicide, the case was left unsolved and shelved.

No one would know what happened in the moments leading up to her death. It would be another two years and many bodies later that her case would be solved.