4

4: Running With The Pack

Midnight. It had been an hour just as Euijoo had requested. I made sure Matsumi was asleep before slipping out of our room as quietly as I could. I stepped out into the cold air as I was met with nine pairs of eyes & snarls. 

"What is she doing here ?", Yuma shouted as he pointed at me. K & Fuma also weighed in. "She is Lord Ross' Kin !" Lastly Taki turned to Euijoo who stared at me as Nicholas remained quiet. "What is going on, EJ-Kun ?" 

Euijoo hushed them with a single raise of his hand calmly. "私はみのりちゃんに一緒に行こうと言った。 もう時間があまり残っていません...··· 彼女が歴史を繰り返すとは思いません。 彼女はそれを変えると思います。" (I asked Minori-Chan to come with us. There already isn't much time left... I don't believe she'll repeat history. I think she'll change it.) This obviously invoked angry remarks before Nicholas finally spoke. "Do any of you wish to fight EJ then ? This isn't up for discussion. This decision was not made lightly. I get you're angry, but he right. Minori-Chan doesn't deserve the way we've been treating her. I agree with EJ."

The group all went silent before simply bowing theri heads to Euijoo. I followed closely as we all walked into the woods. I eyed the sky as I couldn't understand did Euijoo wish for me to understand. The moon tonight was normal. Nothing extraordinary. But those around me ? They were extraordinary...

Almost as we reached the cliff, howls erupted around me. I saw as each of them change. Harua was the smallest wolf, but it honestly surprised me. How did they survive after what Lord Ross had done then ? Had Lord Ross kill a person instead of a wolf as he intended ? Euijoo  gestured to all that I was witnessing. "I meant what I said. I believe you can make up for what Lord Ross had done, but we are running out of time."

"Why are you running out of time ? Why did you change your mind about me ?", I asked as I was honestly intrigued. The was really happening, right ? The others watching us from a distance. Seemingly waiting for an order from Euijoo. "The lunar eclipse is approaching fast. Thus, The True Night Festival will be beginning soon..." 

"EJさん、お祭りはどうですか? 僕に何をお願いするんですか?" (What about the festival, EJ ? What are you asking of me ?) He grabbed my hands as he said something I never thought I'd hear ever. "You'll assist me during the festival... We're going to bring all wolves back to Jewel-Bridge."

I ignored how my face flushed as asked him my next question. "So what am I to be doing now ?" Euijoo smirked as he let out a howl, "Run !" I was in shock for a few moments before I took off running. 

My mind let go of all of my angry, worry, & doubts as I ran. Howling constantly filled the air & I couldn't have felt more alive. I stopped as I watched the boys run around howling or play fighting before they soon settled in the human forms with animalistic features. This was the most comfortable I have seen any of them. 

I sat with Euijoo. "Thanks for showing me this... I know this wasn't easy for any of you to do." He nudged me as he looked up at the moon. "Don't thank me yet... We still have to get through the lunar eclipse..."

Silence fell upon our conversation, but no one was uncomfortable.