Act II- False Triumph

"We killed our sister." I said, then smiling gently afterwards. I won. I know I've won. He thought he could control me! But no! Definitely not! I was leading him, not him me!

But we have to end this. So with that, I waited in pause for a few seconds before standing up and bowing towards the moderator, completely ignoring Wren, who had stood with me too.

I thought that I would at least be greeted with a polite applause, but there was no sound at all. Did they actually fall asleep during my performance? Well, not that I cared. All I wanted was to go home now that I've won against Wren.

"I-" the moderator looked at me in wonder. "-personally didn't think you could produce such expressions. Where did you take your acting lessons?"

"Ahh..." I gaped quite stupidly. What's she talking about? "I haven't taken any... Lessons, I mean."

Her eyes went round, and I thought I saw a slight movement beside me, too, in the corner of my eyes.

"I see." The moderator said slowly. "Now, then, give them a round of applause, everyone."

I smiled. Finally. But was shocked that it was a tiny bit more of what a polite round of applause would've been.

But it was probably just my imagination.

I took a peek at the other auditionees' expressions, and was shocked to have seen jealousy in most. But I guess it was only because I had the chance to act with Wren. I looked around and saw X smiling at me, but there was something else in his expression too...

And finally, I looked at the man himself. I looked at Wren.

"Did I barely just pass?" I asked, quite anxiously (without meaning to), but I didn't really care about the answer.

"... Yeah." He said, looking at me. This time, without disgust. "Just barely."

"Hmpph!" I humphed. "I passed then. That's good, really. Then that means I've won over you!"

"You... won... over me?" He asked, confused.

"Ha! I totally led you to act the way I wanted you too!" I declared happily.

"... What do you mean?" He asked yet again.

Is he an idiot, really?

"Are you an idiot, really?" He snapped my thoughts with a smirk. "I completely controlled you!"

Ehhhhh???!!!

"What do you mean?! I controlled you! I bet you didn't expect the 'you killed her.' part!" I shouted.