The Future Plan

"Nana! I have work....scheduled meeting to attend, I can't stay here for another day" Wania was arguing with Shahnawaz exasperatedly. She was told to stay back another day because M.S Ghani had summoned a gathering in the house and was about to announce something important. Wania was suspicious about it mainly because the whole treatment of the matter screamed "Suspicious". Like, why would her Nana go to secret meetings and with whom? on top of it all, he was not even revealing who would be the attendees of the gathering tomorrow?....Suspicious!

However, Muhammad Shahnawaz Ghani was a pro on being assertive and persuasive when he needed to be, which is what he's being right then.

"All your meetings and their agendas have been transferred to your second in command. Don't worry you have a good team, they can manage." Shahnawaz was saying, "And sometimes future needs more attention then the present" He concluded

"What does that mean?" Wania said, utterly confused.

"You'll know..." with that Shahnawaz patted Wania's shoulder and walked out of room.

Wania stood in her room frustrated, she liked being in her family home, it's almost like a hill station resort, beautiful and exotic. But, she was a city girl through and through. She liked the mellow pace life seem to move in around this mention for a couple of days but then she wants her pace back. Ambition runs through her veins, as she possesses an unwavering drive to succeed in the business world. She possesses a keen business acumen, always seeking opportunities for growth and constantly striving to achieve her goals. It's difficult for Wania to stay there for a whole week, but now her Nana is adamant of that and she couldn't refuse.

"What the hell..." she muttered as she looked out of the window to a breathtaking view of hills and open fields now drenched in slow romantic down pour. She relaxed a little at the sight and sighed. 

    ***************************************************************************************

 Arsalan sat in his uncle's office thoroughly annoyed and ready to jump back in his car and drive back to his farms.

"Why do I have to go to this dinner?" Arsalan asked dramatically.

"Because I said so.." Answered Fakhir Abbas.

"Stop being a dictator." Arsalan shot back.

"Hardly!....I am only being a responsible adult that you refuse to be." Fakhir said giving Arsalan a stern look.

"That's not fair...." Arsalan said sudden taking offence, "I take my work and our family legacy very seriously and you know it." Arsalan argued.

Fakhir knew that very well and was very proud of him for that but he also knew that Arsalan needed to put his foot out for once because there is a whole wide world outside his farms and Arsalan needed to learn to navigate through that if he were to be the heir of the Abbas family legacy.

It's not like Arsalan was shy or inept, in fact he had a reflective nature, often taking the time to analyze situations and observe others before formulating his thoughts or making decisions. While competent, he may not assert himself forcefully in situations where others might. He may prefer a more passive approach, allowing his work and actions to speak for themselves rather than seeking recognition or asserting his dominance. This does not mean he lacks confidence; rather, he may prioritize harmony and avoid unnecessary conflicts. But, conflicts are unavoidable in life, Fakhir thought, and Arsalan needs to learn to take them head-on.

"Yes! I know you take your work seriously but, you need to work on your marketing skills and ......No more discussions, we are going tomorrow night at eight."

Arsalan sighed heavily, and asked in a desperate voice

"At least, tell me who are we having dinner with?"

"With the Ghani's" Fakhir finally told him and his reaction was 

"Oh" as the name resonated with him.

   ******************************************************************************************

The elegant dining hall was aglow with soft lighting, casting a warm ambiance upon the surroundings. Long Oak table adorned with exquisite floral arrangements and gleaming crockery stretched across the vast room, accommodating a gathering of individuals who had come together for a unique occasion—a lavish dinner that served both as a long-time due get-together and a significant business meeting.

But all weren't arrived yet, Wania mused. She finally came to know that the special guests for this dinner were the members of Abbas Family, well just two of them because the rest of the family died in an air crash. Wania faintly remembered the buzz that was created in their bussiness and social circles by that news accompanied by sadness and uncertainty as to who would be taking care of the corporate and personal matters of the Family after such a big tragedy. She was only 15 then and didn't know much about them except that their son, Arsalan Abbas, was in same high school as hers, two years her senior, and she had a mighty crush on him then. Just a kid's infatuation really, but she noticed his disappearance.

Just then, Two men walked into the room with M.S. Ghani. One handsome and elegant middle-aged man with salt and pepper hair, who was in a suit and the other taller, younger, ruffled and roughed, handsome hunk wearing a light blue dress shirt with charcoal pants and looked like he would kill anyone who would so much as say 'hi' to him.

Wania saw a scene unfold in front of her as her Nana introduced the latest arrivals with the already present guests and just when they were all meeting and greeting, her mother, Alya Ghani, came in from the second door of the dinning hall with a huge smile on her face and ignoring everyone she straight away went to Arsalan Abbas and hugged him and he hugged her back a smile spreading on his face for the first time since he walked in. What the hell?...how did my mum know him and how is she on such friendly terms with this grouchy man, Wania wondered. 

    *****************************************************************************************