Retaliation and Association

"Excuse me?...I heard about some merger, is that right or did I miss heard it?" Wania spoke incredulously as her eyes darted from Shahnawaz to Fakhir and then fell on Alya questioningly, Alya shrugged in utter disbelief.

"No, Child.  You heard right." Shanawaz told Wania cooly but his eyes were determined and disarming as he continued, "And I have more to say, so if you allow me....?" Shahnawaz raised one stern eyebrow up and Wania sat back zipping her mouth while Alya patted her shoulder. Wania threw one side eye to Arsalan and realized from his face turning red that he was having a similar tsunami inside his head.

"The minor details will be discussed with each concerned individual in a one-one meeting with Fareedi but I'll share with you a few major details here. Since Wania has been single-handedly running the PR and marketing section of Ghani's and Arsalan is solely responsible for the production and yields of Abbas enterprise, it is not wrong to assume that these two are the future of our combined business venture. But, I have decided that both of these children need to expand their areas of expertise in order for them to carry on with the enormous legacies handed down to them." Muhammad Shahnawaz khan was speaking with enthusiasm but Wania's stomach was dropping and similar emotions were erupting inside Arsalan too.

"We, Fakhir and I, Have decided that Arsalan and Wania should join forces and lend each other their respective knowledge and skill sets. For that, they are to be given one year where they will work side by side with each other. "

*********************************************************************************************

Arsalan didn't know how he made it out of the Ghani mansion and back to their Islamabad residence. He was furious and wanted answers.

"Are we broke ?" Arsalan inquired about their state of affairs to Fakhir as soon as he entered the living room of their Islamabad residence.

"No!...He replied simply.

"Then what was the need to do this, why this merger, why sacrifice our legacy and let others take over.,...Damnit! Tell me why?"

Fakhir listened to him calmly and let him vent out before speaking. When he was sure Arsalan was done with his initial attack, he made his move.

"I didn't sacrifice our legacy, I made a profitable deal and nobody is taking over, it's a god damned merger Arsalan."

"If you just calmed down and read the full details of the merger you'll understand. Also, if you get out of your farms you'll know there are other aspects of running a business too." Fakhir was on a trail now,

"The economic situation in Pakistan and business here is in crisis Arsalan. LC is restricted we can not export our products the way we used to. Do you know how many fruits were left rotten on the port because of these restrictions just last month? "

"Do you think I don't know that? that was my sweat and blood" Arsalan retorted lamely, but Fakhir's argument was setting in.

Fakhir shook his head and said, "We need the local market man, we need local clients and there was no better option than the GHani group of companies, their local spread is huge and they....they needed local products of premium quality because their imports have been affected due to the same restrictions so, they had no better option than us, because we are the best." Fakhir concluded knowing he had hit the target.

Arsalan sighed and shook his head,

"You should have told me that before, prepared me for the shock," Arsalan said in a much softer voice now

"Yeah...May be. But, I would rather have this outburst of yours now after the deal is sealed than before when you can ruin it" Fakhir said with a sly smile Arsalan glared then threw up his hands and collapsed on the living room sofa.

"And what's with the exchange of knowledge and working with that Ghani girl??" Arsalan suddenly remembered the other part of the deal.

"That was Muhammad Shahnawaz's idea. But, to be honest I liked it. You need to be polished and that Ghani girl needs to be ruffled a little."

"I hate this idea...I think she hates it too. And, if we end up killing each other know that you and M.S GHani are to blame." Arsalan sulked and Fakhir chukled.

******************************************************************************************************