Grian ran, tears streaming down his face as the watchers gave chase. They grabbed him, pulling him back. His feet kicked against the pale floor of the end as he struggled.

 "Now now Grian, don't struggle. It will only make this worse for you." The being said, voice silky.

"What do you want? " the boy sobbed, wings flaring and straining against the being.

 "Come on, why won't you come with us? We can give you everything you've ever dreamed of and more." It whispered into the boy's ear. He let out a sob. "I don't want to be a watcher! You can't even make me a watcher, can you? Admins and watchers are opposites. It's impossible to be both! "

"You, little admin, you are a... Special case."

" What do you mean? "

...

The watcher didn't respond, instead opting to pick the boy up.

Grian's Pov

I woke up in the shadowy room I had been in for a while. I have to way to keep track of time, I could've been here for months or days and I wouldn't know better. I looked up as a swirl of particles appeared, and with them a watcher. 

The room had no door, and I had a magic restrainer on my wrist so I couldn't get out.

I wrapped my wings around me protectively as the watcher approached.  The magic restrainer exhausted me, most would be dead after having it on for a full twenty-four hours, but for some reason I wasn't dead yet.

The watcher kneeled down in front of me, silky pastel purple robes gleaming in the faint light the void gave, plus the faint pale light the watchers gave. The watcher lifted my chin, forcing me to look at them.

"Why do you fight youngling? I've told you before you don't have to be in this room all alone."

I flinched.

"If you would just come with me and do what I say, you could see the city. I can make you strong." I shook my head. "Never!" I spat. 

The watcher hummed disapprovingly, standing up and taking a step back. "One day you'll realize we're only trying to help you fledgling."

And with that they were gone.

I sighed, hanging my head. I curled up on the cold hard floor, wrapping my wings around me for some warmth as I tried to fall back asleep. 

It seemed to be the only thing I do, the only thing I could do. I wasn't going to give in, I needed to escape and save my friends. From what I've hear from watchers, when something looses purpose they get rid of it.

I need to save them, because as far as I'm aware without me Evo has lost 'purpose' in the eyes of the watchers.

Darkness wrapped me in its inky embrace.

🔳🔲🔳

I woke again to a watcher shaking my arm. I flinched away, accidently punching the watcher. they hissed, sending a lash of magic at my ankle. I whimpered, lowering my wings and hunching in on myself to seem small and unthreatening.