Chapter 4

Breakfast was over and it was time to get Venti home since he needed a fresh change of clothes and well Xiao just couldn't look at him any longer; it brought too much pain. He stopped in front of an apartment building and could tell Venti was nervous, was one of his "friends" there?

He groaned, "Do you want me to walk you to your apartment?"

Venti nodded as Xiao turned off the car. Xiao got out and opened the door for Venti, then Venti smiled at him and grabbed his arm while giggling. Xiao was trying his best not to look at Venti, because if he did all he would see is Barbatos there. They got up to the apartment and Venti unlocked the door, seeing his roommate passed out on the couch. Venti looked up at Xiao as if to ask if this was one of those "friends" who tried to take advantage of him. Xiao looked at Venti then the person he was signaling to...No, he hadn't seen that white haired fellow in the bar.

He shook his head and whispered, "He wasn't there...However the girl over on the bean bag was."

This girl had short pink hair, a black crop top, and some leggings on. A box of cigarettes was on the coffee table as well as a few bottles of booze. He could tell Venti didn't feel safe now knowing just who he was friends with, so Xiao guided him to his room.

"Xiao? Can we exchange numbers..? You did save me after all and well I've got to kick Rosaria out I guess..."

"I guess." He said disinterested, still refusing to look at Venti.

He gave Venti his phone number and left the room so Venti could change. Venti came out soon enough and walked over to the bean bag chair, taking a deep breath as he pinched Rosaria's ear.

"Ow! What the fuck man!?" She yelled at him in response

He pointed to the door, "Get out! Now! I heard what you did to me or at least tried!"

He was on the verge of tears and Rosaria was about to say something until she saw the short guy who gave a nasty punch. She shut up, grabbed her cigarettes and the bag she had with her, then left groaning and complaining. The white haired man sat up all dazed and confused, also clearly very high, "Venti?"

"Don't worry about it Kazuha, just go back to napping."

Kazuha did as he was told and fell right back asleep, and Xiao was on his way to the door when Venti hugged him. Venti let go when he noticed how tense Xiao was, "Talk to you later?"

Xiao nodded, leaving out the door and going back to his car where he rested his head on the steering wheel. It was a lot to take in, he had just found the reincarnation of his dead lover after all. He put it behind him, his stone cold face coming back as he drove off to work. He just needed to continue living his life like he had been, he needed to stick to the routine. So he held himself to it, sticking to the routine as close as possible and brushing off any people who wanted to hang out. It was better this way. Plus, what if he accidentally spread his karmic debt? It was better to be at home or at work, nowhere else.

Then he got a text from Venti one day, "Hey, I hope you're okay Xiao! You just haven't responded to me these past few weeks, I'm worried...How about we hang out?"

He groaned at the text but he couldn't help himself, he texted back, "No."

"Aw, you're not doing well? I'll make sure to come over and take care of you!"

That really got him annoyed, but this was Venti and he should've expected it. Even if it is a reincarnation why would he be different? Barbatos would've done the same thing because he knew how stubborn Xiao was.

"You don't even know the address."

He sighed as he laid in bed, he hadn't moved all day. He was hungry but had no energy to get up and he had called out of work, he couldn't see a purpose to him being around anymore. He looked at the cecilia hair clip on his nightstand, all he wanted was to see the face of Barbatos, to feel the warmth of Barbatos next to him...He didn't want to use Venti to fill that gap, it would be selfish...Would it be that bad though?