Chapter 7

Xiao POV

I revealed my past to Venti, and he took it surprisingly well...I still go to visit Barbatos in the graveyard and I did end up hiring a few people to clean the graves. All the tourists were surprised at the fact the graves were now clean, dates and names now visible. I personally got a new job as a waiter, and well...I now carry my vision around, it hangs on my belt. Venti helped me realize I should still stay in touch with my past, as it's still a piece of me. My purple diamond mark shown as I walk into the restaurant with Venti holding onto my hand. That's right we were on a double date with Albedo and Kaeya.

We found the two waiting for us in the lobby, and the hostess guided us to our table after we mentioned our reservation under my name. We sat down at the booth, and I looked around. I wore some ripped black jeans with a white button up and a black jacket that stayed open. I looked over to see Venti in his white skirt and an oversized dark teal sweater. I put my arm around him with my hand landing on his shoulder, lightly smiling.

3rd person POV

Venti asked, "How are the two of you doing?"

Albedo answer, "We're doing quite well, planning to upgrade from an apartment to a house. Now Xiao may I ask something?"

Xiao hummed, looking away from Venti and at Albedo.

"What's that mark on your forehead? And did I catch a glimpse of a vision on your belt? If that really is a vision just how did you acquire it? I'd like to research a vision for science but I can't seem to find one!"

"Ah. The mark on my forehead...It's just a tattoo, nothing interesting. The vision though is real, but no visions are active anymore. The dendro ones were the last ones to ever shine."

Albedo sighed, he was desperate for some type of new research. Kaeya then said, "You two can talk about this later, but this is a double date not work Albedo."

Albedo chuckled, "Sorry, I just love science a bit too much I guess."

Kaeya planted a kiss on Albedo's forehead, smiling. Everyone ate, enjoying each other's company, as Kaeya kept looking at Xiao. He was suspicious of Xiao. When they were getting ready to leave Kaeya put a hand on Xiao's shoulder, "Let's have a word, shall we?"

Xiao glanced at him and crossed his arms, "Fine." He looked over at Venti, planting a kiss on his forehead, "I'll be right back, love."

With that Kaeya and Xiao walked off, getting far away enough so Albedo and Venti couldn't hear them.

"How did you get a vision? None have been open to the public for years and no one has been granted one. I thought they were myths until I saw the one on your belt."

"Hm. It's my own. You're a man of secrets, I know you won't spill. Venti wants me to be more open to my past, so I am wearing it to satisfy him."

"And how would you have your own vision? You're quite the shady person, not to mention your strange markings. I've seen the way your "tattoo" glows in the moonlight, and just who would get a diamond tattooed on them?"

Xiao simply gave a smirk, "Don't worry, I won't hurt anyone. I'm simply living out my life."

Kaeya put his hand on Xiao's shoulder, trying to read him...But Xiao has mastered covering up all feelings and being able to have a stoic face and attitude. Kaeya walked away though, satisfied with the answer for now. He walked back to his boyfriend and Xiao followed close behind. Xiao grabbed Venti's hand, walking with him away from Albedo and Kaeya. Venti had asked where they were going but Xiao simply said "You'll see." And soon he brought him to a giant tree, it used to be alone but now it sat in a park. He picked Venti up and easily got into the tree, setting Venti down so they could sit next to each other and watch the stars. Xiao set his head on Venti's shoulder, "Venti...I..." he mumbled, "I love you..." and Venti giggled, "I love you too...This is a great view, have you come here before?"

"Yeah...Barbatos liked to sit up here. It has a great view of the stars."

They sat there for hours, stargazing and talking. Venti ended up falling asleep and so Xiao picked him up and jumped down. For any normal human it would've seriously hurt them but Xiao was used to jumping from high heights. He carried Venti home, feeling the cold wind breeze against him. He set Venti down in bed, kissing his forehead before joining him.

—————————————————————————

One night Xiao and Venti would get into danger though. A light would flicker and something no one has ever seen would happen. Xiao would take his eyes off Venti for a second before he would disappear, the voice of someone unfamiliar heard in a narrow alleyway between two stores...He rushed into the alleyway and he saw Venti tugging away from some guy complimenting him. Xiao rushed over and grabbed the stranger's wrist which caused Venti to be freed but Xiao was thrown to the ground. He groaned as landed on his ass, and when Venti tried to defend Xiao he too was thrown on the ground. Xiao was determined...Visions are symbols of aspirations, and his was always to protect but for hundreds of years he had nothing to protect. His vision lit up and a boost of anemo power made him dash at the person with inhumane speed, pushing the two onto the sidewalk. His vision glowed bright as he kneeled on the stranger, holding onto his collar and yanking it so their faces were inches apart.

"Don't you ever do that again to anyone. You're absolute rubbish, you have no respect for anyone."

The guy was afraid, who the hell did he mess with? Venti came running out of the alleyway, people were staring and Xiao was about to punch the guy until Venti grabbed his hand. Xiao looked up at Venti, "He's not worth it, Xiao. You showed him the consequence but you'll regret it later if you beat him up. It won't solve anything. Just take him to a cop and turn him in."

Had it not been for Venti, Xiao would've ended up beating up the guy probably to death. Venti was what he had to protect now, and his vision glowed as he took the terrible man to a cop and explained what happened. The man seemed to be drunk, so he was taken away. Xiao looked at Venti and hugged him, "I was so worried when you left my sight...Ah I guess I attracted quite the scene..." he said after realizing quite a few people were staring at him...No his waist. He looked down to see his vision glowing so he unhooked it from his belt and held it. He looked up to the sky, a gentle breeze messing with his hair.

"Even from the sky you still like to mess with me...Cmon Venti let's go home. Also the next time that happens just yell for me, trust me...I will answer." Xiao said as he grabbed Venti's hand, smiling taking his lover home.

Of course not every story can have a happy ending though. Xiao's life was a repeat and just as he had lost Barbatos he too would loose Venti, and the day that happened he would spiral again. He couldnt stand the death and would dismiss his karma again until it suffocated him and drove him insane...To prevent hurting others he would put an end to himself with the very spear he took others' lives with.

The end

~1328 Words~

Yeah idk where I was taking this- it's a meh story, my bad. But heyyy im gonna start a oneshot book! So be on the lookout for that!