Chapter seventeen

Adrien's POV
I watched in horror as Mari took off her earrings; why is she giving her miraculous to father?!
"Stop! Mari don't! You can't give him your miraculous!" I shouted, lunging towards her. I tried to grab her earrings but she grasped them tightly and wouldn't let go.
"No Adrien... I have to give him that..." she said, looking at me with sad, blue eyes. She turned to father and gave him her miraculous; in return, he dropped the rings into her palms.
"Very well Marinette," father said, grinning. Then he turned towards the glass coffin. Mother?! I was shocked; father was hiding her here down in this secret garden this whole time?!
"Enough! What is all this? Mother was here under our house all along?! And what's with the rings? Why did Mari gave you her miraculous just to get the rings?! WHAT IS GOING ON?!" I couldn't think straight; I don't know what's going on; my mind was racing, there was just too much to comprehend...
"Adrien... the rings are what controlled you... I traded my miraculous for the rings so you can take control of your life again kitty..." Mari murmured, as she look me in the eye. She hugged me tight and brushed my hair lightly; tears dropped down my face: I couldn't believe that Marinette had sacrificed such an important thing just for me...