I Will Always Protect You

Note: Sapphire is a blue night fury, also known as a moon fury. She is a sapphire blue with silver eyes. She has the same body shape as a light fury but has the tailfin of a night fury. She is also slightly smaller than Toothless and can fly faster than him. And this one is about Artemis. She can turn into any fury, whether it be a night fury, a light fury, a moon fury, or even a sun fury.

Warnings: Kissing.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Artemis' P.O.V:

I had stayed back on Berk when the other riders left to find the chief and Hiccup. Hiccup has been my best friend since we were little, so when the chief left to find Hiccup, he left me in charge of Berk.

I jumped when I heard a mighty roar. I ran outside of my hut and jumped on Sapphire. We flew to the center of the village, and I gasped when I saw everything. Blue ice was everywhere. It covered homes, vikings, and dragons. I looked around to find the culprit and saw a big grey bewilderbeast.

I started to get mad when I saw Drago, my old enemy, before I came to Berk, on Toothless's back. I growled at the sight and then snickered slightly when I saw Hiccup on a baby dragon flying up to Toothless and Drago.

Hiccup was able to get Toothless out of his trance and flip Drago off his back. Toothless started to fall, and Hiccup jumped after him. Just before they hit the water, they flew up into the sky. I flew up next to them and asked Hiccup what his plan was.

"Your plan is to take out Drago and save the bewilderbeast?" I questioned.

"Yep." He said and flew off, ripping a peice of a flag and putting it over Toothless's eyes.

'Oh my Thor, he is going to get himself killed.' I thought following him from a distance so Drago wouldn't see me.

My eyes widened, and I gasped when I saw Drago command the bewilderbeast to shoot Hiccup. I jumped off of Sapphire and landed in front of Hiccup. I braced myself for the cold of the ice, but it never came. I opened my eyes and saw Toothless in front of me. I placed my hand on his head, and he moved to cover Hiccup.

He started to turn blue down his spine and on his head. I pulled my hand away and started to shift. The force of my body growing bigger shattered the ice. Me and Toothless roared at Drago and his bewilderbeast, then jumped to the top of a ledge.

Toothless went to shoot at the bewilderbeast, and I roared, knocking the other dragons out of their trance. Hiccup climbed up the ledge and sat on Toothless's saddle.

All the other dragons flew over behind me. Hiccup, and Toothless. They started firing at the bewilderbeast, and Toothless growled, stopping them. Me and Toothless looked at each other and came to an agreement.

We looked back at the bewilderbeast, and we fired our blasts conjoined and hit its tusk. The tusk fell to the ground, and we roared in victory. The bewilderbeast sunk back into the ocean, taking Drago with it.

Toothless, and I jumped off the ledge and landed. I turned to look at myself in the reflective surface of the ice and was surprised to see myself glowing like Toothless.

I was a night fury with red eyes, and where Toothless was glowing blue, I was glowing a dark, almost black, red. While I was staring at myself in the ice, I hadn't noticed Hiccup come up behind me.

"Thank you." He said.

I shifted back, shocking him.

"You're welcome." I smiled.

"Artemis. Are you a shifter?" He asked.

"Yep. Hey, where's your dad?" I asked.

"H-hes gone." Hiccup stuttered, tears welling in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I said, hugging him.

"Oh, Hiccup. Is this the girl you were telling me about?" Asked a woman who looked a whole lot like Hiccup.

"Yeah. Artemis, this is my mom. Mom, this is Artemis." Hiccup introduced.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am." I said.

"Bo need for formalities. Call me Valka." She smiled.

"Ok then, Valka." I responded.

As she walked away, I whispered to Hiccup, "You finally found her."

"Yep." He responded.

I hit the caliber for his suit, and the fin popped out on his back. I started laughing as he mocked me.

"Come here." He said and grabbed my waist, pulling me into him.

My eyes widened, and then shut tightly as he kissed my lips. I had always wanted to kiss him, ever since we were fifteen.

"I've wanted to do that since we were fifteen." He whispered against my lips.

"Me too." I replied and kissed him again.

Our kiss was interrupted by Gothi tapping his shoulder. He kneeled down, and she drew the chief symbol on his forehead.

"The chief has come home!!" Yelled Gobber as Toothless roared.

Vikings and dragons alike bowed to the new chief and alpha. I smiled as Toothless started to lick Hiccup.

"Ahh, you know that doesn't wash out!!" Yelled Hiccup, flinging the saliva at Toothless.

I started to walk back home when Hiccup stopped me.

"Why did you jump in front of me when the bewilderbeast fired?" He asked.

"Because, like I told you years ago. I will always protect you." I replied.

"Well, I'll always protect you too." He said and kissed me again.

"I love you, Hiccup." I said, against his lips.

"I love you too, Artemis." He responded, his lips finding mine again.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Word Count: 948