CHAPTER-1

It was a glossy morning, the sun was ahead after days of rain, The birds sang happily as they enjoyed the warmth the sun provided.

In a small apartment of a building was a figure covered by a blanket.
The alarm rang making the covered figure remove the blanket around them.

Platinum gold hair fell down, a fair hand stopped the ringing alarm as the figure groggily woke up rubbing their eyes.

The sunlight that entered the dark room through the window fell on her face revealing her glowing fair skin and blue jewelled eyes that shone brightly.

Athanasia got out of bed and walked towards the open window, she looked outside and faced the morning scenery. Stretching her arms, the girl enjoyed the warmth of the sun's rays.

'Let's go out for a walk later'

She thought glancing at the perfect morning. Her lips stretched into a small smile and she turned around to walk towards the bathroom to take a shower and change her night dress.

After a good shower, Athanasia skipped out of the bathroom happily and looked infront of the mirror. She didn't know why but she felt really happy and energetic on this particular day.

"As usual, I look perfect"
She commented looking at the mirror that reflected her figure.

"Now it's time for a good walk!"
With this, the enthusiastic female ran out of her room, after making sure she had locked the door, to the nearby park.

In ten minutes, she arrived at her destination. A park that was close to her apartment. Today was Sunday so she didn't have to go to her office.

The green grass looked perfect to sit and relax on them and the swings where the children were playing looked inviting.

What a beautiful day it was for her. After a whole week of work and work and work, this day was like a present!

Athanasia inhaled the fresh air and took a step forward.

But the girl was not aware that the beautiful and perfect sunny day would turn into a gloomy and thunderous stormy day. And even her happy spirits would be torn apart into pouring rain.

---

Dark clouds slowly started surrounding the sky that was once sky blue. After noticing the sudden change in weather, the blonde decided to walk back to the apartment.

She was walking back to her place but stopped when her eyes landed on the grocery store that was around the corner of the street. Suddenly she remembered that she had to buy some necessary things, so, she decided to look through the store before going back. But she had to get the stuff swiftly before the rain starts.

She scooted inside the store and without any further ado started to look through the various items that were displayed on the shelves.

'Ah, There it is!'

As she found the item she was searching for, the blonde walked towards the cashier.

Previously the blonde didn't notice the cashier in her hurry, but this time when her eyes landed at the cashier then like the thunder that raged outside of the store, a bolt of lightning hit her.

The cashier looked extremely shocked too, he was a guy with snow-like white hair, his droopy eyes were a shade of gold and he had porcelain white skin. He was overall a handsome gentleman.

Athanasia looked at him with widened eyes, "You...", She muttered pointing at the young man.

"Athy..."

His call made her come out of her trance, at that moment like a storm the memories of her past surged inside her.

It was her ex, Ijekial Alpheus, A handsome man desired by all but she got the chance to be with him. Everyone called them a perfect couple.

All was good for a year until she found out about a truth that broke her along with their relationship.

"I'm glad I found you here...Look, It was all a misunderstandi-"

His words were cut off by a slap that echoed through the empty grocery store.

"You still can't change...Can you?", His eyes were wide when he caught her face that was filled with detest, for him.

He regretted his past mistakes, so he wished for one more chance and he had a small hope that perhaps if he would meet with her again then they could get back together like before.

But looking at her face at that moment was the end of his small hope.

He realised that there was not a single chance.

Athanasia kept the thing she took from the store on the cashier's table and ran out of the grocery store.

The rain had started to fall like the sky was representing her mental state, the weather grew darker and darker.

She was still running, running away from her past, her insecurities like she always used to do. The droplets fell on her making her clothes wet, and the tears that fell down got mixed with the rain. She ran looking down, afraid to face the horrifying world that she tried to ignore every time.

Because the road got slippery due to the heavy rainfall, her leg slipped and she fell to the ground.

She tried to get up but her body refused her command, she felt helpless at that moment.

The rain continued falling on her but there was nothing she could hide under.

This brought her back to remembering that last year. Wasn't that day the same as this one? The day she lost everything...

The storm that raged before was similar to the storm that was occurring today. Like the last year, she was still alone. Helpless and pathetic.

Nobody was there to cover her from the storm.

The roaring lightning covered her lorn sobs.

But at that faithful moment, something changed. Something that never ensued in the past.

Something clogged the raindrops that were yet to fall on her.

"The storm will be gone soon"

"So, I'll cover you from the storm"

---
---