Unsaid Feelings ❤️‍🩹

Hello dears! I'm back after eons. Sorry for that. Actually, this is a modified version of a short story named Stolen sweetheart that I had posted few months back. Sadly, I have deleted it as I was not really satisfied with the whole story. 

So here goes another refined version of that. Hopefully you guys should like this. P.S: not proof read.

The huge banquet hall was overflowing with Ashwin's family, friends, colleagues and cousins. The happiness and laughter echoed the walls so did his heart. 

Dressed in a solid black shirt and khaki pants, he was brimming with joy. It was his parent's 25th wedding anniversary and the whole family was enjoying the function with endless heart to heart conversations and games. As a part of the games, the young ones were asked to talk about the qualities that they would like to have in their future partners.

Ashwin being the next groom who was all set to get engaged in the next month was first called upon to speak about the qualities he wants in his prospective wife. The tall and handsome stepped on to the stage taking the mike with an enchanting smile and began "Hmm ippo enna pesanum nu therilaye"

The whole room resonated with giggles and chuckles "Mapplai, vekkapadama sollunga sollunga"

"Okay... he paused and took a long breath "So...the girl in my dreams always had a beautiful smile on her face" as he spoke his eyes automatically landed on the girl adorned in a salmon pink sleeveless salwar staring at him with a weak smile sitting in the front row holding his grandmother's hands.

"Ava kural kettu happy ah irukkanum, ava siricha nanum sirikkanum, ava kooda irundha ennamo therila life poora happy ah iruppen nu feel aaganum" he sighed and saw her teary eyes.

"Kutti ya short ah cute ah irukkanum" he blushed

"Correct than correct than" the audience agreed to his point

"Ana namma anni kku than height irukkey unna maari" his cousin sister shouted from her seat.

He gave a bitter smile and continued "Haa namma nenaikruthu ellame kedakathu...kedachirundha indha ulagam full ah happy ah irundhrukkum. I strongly believe in destiny and I'll get only what is meant for me"

"Anne meethi continue pannu" his sister interrupted.

"Hmm...Ava enna hug pannumbothu romba santhoshama feel aaganum" he was staring at her trembling hands.

"Approm eppome ava nettile kutti pottu irukkanum. Colour colour ah ava podra ovvoru pottu paakumbothu enakku kulukulu feel aganum" he smiled at her. The girl touched her kutti pink pottu and blushed thinking about his obsession for her coloured pottu.

"Pottu paithyam" she mumbled it to herself and chuckled

She was taken back to the day they had their first outing to Karaikudi along with their colleagues few years back. She was in the front seat with Ashwin driving and their teammates at the backseat. 

The highway was empty and the orange tint of the sky was slowly fading away. He was stealing glances in between his driving at her. She was happily speaking nonstop with her usual smile but the green pottu matching to her green kurti was all that he could see.

"Ayya nera pathu ottu pa" one of their colleagues teased him watching his hide and seek staring game.

Everybody laughed and the girl herself declared to drive the car and let Ashwin rest for a while. Ashwin couldn't contain his smile watching her so confident in herself.

She was forcefully brought back to the present by the huge round of applause and screams. There stood ashwin glancing at her with glistened eyes. It was always in the eyes, only in the eyes.