Chapter 2

Choice

Just as Choice walked outside a man in a blue suit and tie walked towards her home.

"Choice Williamson?"

"Yes, that's me. What is this?" She asked the man. "You're being served." The man in the suit stated as he side-eyed her. "Served?? Being served for what? Choice had no idea why she was being served and stood outside opening the paper to see it was an eviction notice for two months past due rent. "You have thirty days to leave the premises." The officer stated before walking away. Choice cursed under her breath, going back inside to call Dominic. She had called Dominic three times back-to-back. Each call went straight to voicemail, so she decided to leave a message. "Dominic! I just got served an eviction notice when I know damn well, I gave you the money to pay the rent. Call me back!"

After hanging up Choice went inside to get the money she had left over in her stash, reminding herself to change her hiding spot since she and Dominic had joint accounts together and out of fear of the possibility that he may find it. As she walked back inside Choice's phone began to ring in her purse. Immediately pulling out the phone, knowing it was Dominic, she answered, only to find out it was her side boo, Pressure. Choice delt with him because he made her feel good. "Hey mama. Wassup with chu boo? I got a surprise for you."

"Pressure I ain't got much time, I gotta go by the land lady's, I gotta be Glitter's come now nigga you know I got shit to do." Sucking in his teeth, he responded with a reply and said "Man ain't no sweat, chill. I'm almost to you now. I'll be there in five." Pressure hung up before allowing Choice to respond. Five minutes seemed like four and Pressure pulled up like the police were following him. "Mmmm you smell good, what you got on?" Pressure stated, walking over to Choice and backing her against the counter. "Come on now P I told you I had to leave to meet these people in the office. Now what do you want?" she whined to him. "What no thank you? Come on now. Don't act like you ain't miss me."

"I didn't. You play too much she shot and turned to walk into the kitchen when he suddenly leaned her over the counter and slid her G-string to the side, playing with her soft spot. Her annoyance soon turned into a relief for her temporary anger, and as her kitty had suddenly begun to moisten and after moistening, he took his eleven inches and entered slowly into Choice's forbidden area. "Did I feel guilty about cheating on Dominic?" She asked herself. Hell yea, but Dominic never will change for her love, and all the lies he would tell her was enough to make her recognize her worth.

Choice began to grow tired of hearing Dominic say he would never cheat on her again, or that he would change his life for the better, yada, yada, yada. She was over it. The fights and the beatings, telling her he was going to marry her and do right by her for the sake of Little Dominic. A woman gets tired of waiting on a man to get right and in her book, as she liked to say, "Get right or GET LEFT!". Choice eventually grew tired of waking up every day without him in bed with her and crying at night when he wouldn't come home. She got used to it and began to take the very advice Glitter would give her every day.

"Girl fuck him!! Do him like how he would you. Let him see how you would feel and if he finds out, CHANGE THE MOTHAFUCKIN LOCKS BITCH! You the one paying all the bills while he runs the streets with his homeboys. So technically you the paying the cost to be the boss. After all the times you paid his phone bill, cook him meals, going to his mama house, taking her to doctor's appointments and accepting his love letters and phone calls and putting the money on his books? Where did all that shit get you love? Shit I would a left then. Niggas can't make no money in the pen. What he gon make you? Commissary Money?" That's what she would say. But was she right tho? Choice would think to herself.

Snapping out of her daydream and back to her reality, Choice hadn't realized that Pressure had pulled out. By this time, he had taken me into her to the bedroom again when the Kim Possible text tone had gone off. She knew it from Glitter. "I'll call her back later."

***

Choice was supposed to be at Glitter's earlier that day and it was going on two o' clock. She decided to stay behind, making sure nothing was out of place. After covering her tracks in her home, she would stop by the landlord's office with a check insuring she would not evicted from her home. Once after I was done, I rode down to Glitter's and ranged the door.

"Oh, hell no!" Glitter exclaimed, as she opened the door. "Bitch you said fifteen! It's more than an hour after, I can't do it." She continued. "Come on now G, you know me better than that. You are the only one with good hands and plus I'm already paying you 350 to tag my head. She stated. Oh, you know I charge a fifty-dollar late fee, right?" Glitter widened the door for her to come in. "Girl don't get greedy. I said I'ma pay you minus that extra you shit adding on. But this tea is gon be your tip."

"You're lucky you my best friend, otherwise your ass wouldn't make it through this door. Now spill!" She stated to her friend, ready to hear the early morning gossip. Choice filled her in on this morning's escapades, from the eviction notice to Pressure pulling up, to heading to the rent office.

"I told you to leave that mf. I'd change the locks if I were you." She added. "Ain't no nigga staying my house if he ain't paying the bills where he lays his head at". She had a point, but Choice's ego wouldn't allow her to let Glitter see that she was right. "Tonight, I'm giving him a piece of my mind. It's like I'm invisible to him, but wait how did you get the money from your guy?"

"Oh, girl you already know that go. When Jamie says he gone pay my bills, I mean I gots to go after my bag, indeed, ha!"

"Yea I feel where you are coming from. Sometimes I wish Dominic would stop playing and really settle down, you know? Be a family." Glitter started back up and stated, " Girl, I already gave you the steps. You already know what to do".