✪ prologue ✪

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"Nishimura Riki, I swear if you don't give me my earbuds back, I'm trying to focus!" Hwang Misun says clamorously enough for their teacher, Mr. Kang to hear her.

It was their final semester of 8th grade and they were doing a review worksheet for their upcoming test, and music has always been Misun's safe place, so obviously Niki knew that and took it as a chance to inconvenience the adolescent girl, it's just the type of friend he is.

Like always Misun and Niki had the same homeroom throughout all of middle school. They didn't complain though, I mean he's her best friend and has been ever since 3rd grade.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Growing up in a broken home has never been serene for Hwang Misun. The word "Love" being hurled around so carelessly in her life to the point where it harbors absolutely no value. Distorting her depiction of the gestures of love. Who does she have to blame other than her parents? The ones who would aimlessly fight with one another in the presence of her, the ones who would make her pick between the two at such a young age, the ones who would abandon her, leaving her stranded at such a boisterous time in her life.

Love is the last thing on Misun's list to find. The word lies dull in her brain without meaning. Or maybe she had just forgotten the meaning. Now she can't remember 'What's after like'.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

inspired by

After Like

Ive

<//3

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

author notes 。・:*˚:

I feel like I didn't properly execute this correctly bc I'm still trying to understand what needs to be included in a prologue lololololl

thank you for reading lmk any feedback pls bc i need help improving w my writing

🙏🙏

not proofread

july 8th 5:45 pm 2023