~I love you~

Camped out with my crush under a starry sky while doing Foxfire homework is just the most amazing thing in the universe. Well maybe except my hair. But, I really don't know what I would have done without her. My Foster. I continue to ponder until I'm snapped back to reality with that beautiful voice entering my ears.

"Hey Keefe, did you figure out the pattern for yours yet?"

"Uhm no. Not yet." I reply.

"Oh okay. Let me know when you have so I can help you find the star."

Ughhh! Why does she have to be so perfect?! As I gaze off the cliff into the glittering waters where the stars are reflected, I gain a sudden newfound courage. With this new courage, I quickly use it to confess before it fades away.

"Hey Foster?"

"Yeah Keefe?"

"I like you."

"Me too. You're one of my best friends!"

"No. Not that way."

"Huh? Oh..." she trails off as realization dawns on her.

I'm nervous as to how she will react. This is actually the first time I confessed my feelings for someone. Before Foster, I wasn't really interested in any other girls.

"You know what Keefe?"

"Mhm what?"

"I think I like you too."

"Why?"

"What do you mean 'why'?"

"Why do you like me?"

"Well, you do have awesome hair..."

"I knew it! No one can resist The Hair! But actually, why DO you like me?"

"Now that I think about it, you were the only one who stuck with me through thick and thin. You were always worried about me, and you always made sure I was okay. You cheered me up even when you were in your darkest times. You never got mad at me when I made some unwise decisions. Sometimes, I think you were even better than Fitz. Thank you."

"Actually Sophie, I should be thanking YOU. YOU were the only one who was always checking on me. YOU took good care of me. YOU never hated me when I made stupid mistakes. YOU made me feel wanted Sophie. I knew you were a special person from the day I met you at my ditching spot after your incident in Alchemy. From then on, you proved to me and I realized that I would always need you. Even just as a friend. I don't think I can live without you. Those times when I ran away, it was torture living without you."

"You did make a big mistake running away like that to the Forbidden Cities." She chuckled.

I leaned in and whispered in her ear, "I love you Sophie Foster."

And then I kissed her.

Sup peeps. I'm on vacation now and dealing with a serious case of writer's block. Anyways this story is set in Stellarlune after Keefe comes back but with my version of the confession. So yeah. I hope you enjoyed!