Chapter 9

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

Iman's POV

It's been a week since I found out I was marrying Ya Muhammad and also a week he collected my number. But I haven't seen a single call or text from him. My phone rang beside me and I looked at the Id caller, it was Amal. For a second I thought it was him.

"Why did you let the phone ring like 5 times before you pick?". She shouted immediately I picked the call.

"Wa'alaikumussalam". I said rolling my eyes even tho she can't see me.

"Assalamualaikum". She said innocently.

"Wa'alaikumussalam". I replied back.

"Why did you let the phone ring like 5 times before you pick". She shouted again.

What a best friend I have.

"Why did you call?". I asked ignoring her question.

"Has he called you yet?". She asked referring to her brother.

"No fah". I answered sighing.

"Allah Sarki, don't cry". She said laughing.

"Why are you like this". I said laughing also.

"Assalamualaikum". Zara said entering my room.

"Wa'alaikumussalam". I said back.

"Ya Iman, Mama said you should meet them in Abba's room". She said.

"Okay toh". I said.

"When you are back call me". Amal said. I guess she heard what Zara said.

"Alrightttt". I said and hung up.

I went to Abba's room and knocked on the door.

"Come in". Mama called.

"Assalamualaikum". I said entering the room.

"Wa'alaikissalam". They replied in unison.

"Abba Ina wuni (Good Evening)". I greeted Abba cox I didn't see him throughout today.

"Lfy qalau, ya kike (How are you)?". He asked.

"Lfy Alhamdulillah". I replied.

"Ma Sha Allah". He said.

"Sit down". Mama said and I sat down on the floor close to Mama's feet.

"It's about your marriage with Muhammad. Are you okay it?". Abba asked with concern.

"Yes Abba". I replied.

"We don't want you to feel like you have to marry him because we chose him for you". Mama said.

"I'm okay with it plus I know who I'm going to marry. I actually thought it's going to be one of Abba's friends". I said trying to ease the tension of the room and we all laughed.

"But that's actually a good idea. We can cancel this one with Muhammad and get you Married to Alhaji Bala". Abba said teasingly.

"Abba of all your friends sai Alhaji Bala?". I asked. Alhaji Bala has 3 wives with almost 20 children and he's very old.

"But seriously, you guys will make a great couple". Mama said and we all laughed.

"So, your wedding date has been fixed to a month from now". Abba said suddenly turning serious.

"Toh, Allah yasa shi yafi Alkhairi (May Allah make it to be the best)". I prayed.

"Ameen". Abba and Mama prayed too.