Ch.1: Let it Burn

(TW: Mentions of death/bodies)

50 Years Ago
The Playfellow Workshop

"This is your fault!" Mark Andrews yelled across the room. "If you hadn't—"

"Shut up, shut up, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Danny yelled back.

He finished pouring the gasoline through the studio.

"Don't act so fucking innocent, Mark, you didn't stop it, you were there just as much as I was." He tossed the empty canister to the side and scrambled to get his lighter.

"Is it even going to work?"

"It has to work, it's the only way."

Mark backed up to the emergency exit opening the door for both of them. The rain poured down relentlessly. He eye'd up their car then looked back at Danny.

Danny took one more look around the studio, the bodies scattered, the blood, the sets destroyed. He lit a piece of paper then tossed it on the ground before the whole place lit on fire.

"Come on, Danny, let's get the fuck out of here!" Mark urged.

He backed up a few feet making sure it all caught before turning and helping Mark to the car. They rushed inside with panic still on their fingertips. Then, Danny took off as the studio ignited more and more the flames pouring out of the room.

Each of them kept looking back at the burning building while driving down the highway.

"We need a story, Danny."

"I fucking know that." He raised his voice then took a breath, "I know we do."

"No one and I mean no one can ever know what happened to Welcome Home, ever."

"No, and they won't, and we take down anyone who does."