Magical holidays

♦ It was December 12th and Erika was enjoying a peaceful sleep. As the clock struck midnight, she began to have a strange dream. She was flying in what could be described as nothingness surrounded by fog. A bright pale green light appeared in front of her. Erika was amazed as a man irradiated with the same aura emerged from the light accompanied by lightning and wind. She was immediately drawn to his yellow animal eyes and sharp canines. He walked over to her and took off his hood. "Hello, Erika," he said, his voice very calm, but his body was shaking, his hands clasped together as if he were praying. Erika couldn't help but be taken aback by this. "How do you know my name?"

"You will understand soon enough." He tapped the bracelet on his left hand. The bracelet glowed and so did something in the man's chest. It drew a pure, white light, brighter than a million stars, but strangely Erika didn't mind the glow. On the contrary, she was attracted to it. And as if she knew what the man was about to do, she straighten up. He passed the light right into her chest. He was a little calmer than before. As Erika absorbed the light, three visions appeared before her eyes. The first was a vision of a tiger spirit, massive with a majestic roar that would instantly strike fear into the hearts of all enemies. The second was a vision of the old house that stood in Twilight Town and had been uninhabited for about a hundred years. It had a fence full of holes, the door and windows were broken, the walls were overgrown with ivy and the bit that was not covered by the plant was home to a birds nest similar to a swallow's one. And the third vision was of her standing in a black jumpsuit with blue gloves and boots in some canyon and defending herself from about a dozen stones that fell on her.
At the end of the vision, a light appeared and a voice whispered: "Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to protect your home from the forces of evil. The people of Avalon need protection, but sometimes the police are not enough, sometimes we, the special forces, have to step in. And the people of Earth, they don't know about us, but magic threatens them too. We also take care of that. Of course, espionage and being a secret agent, a protector, is not easy, but with a little training it will be possible. Get ready for December 24th. Then we will test you and you will be able to start your training if you pass. You will have the freedom to choose and exit the program whenever you want with a small memory modification. Get ready for December 24th. Get ready for December 24th. Get ready for December 24th. Erika Athena Tie, you were chosen to be a Guardian of the Light."

♦ And with these words, Erika woke up. She reached for her chest, she couldn't quite describe it, but she had this strange feeling inside her. It wasn't pain or pressure, but more like warmth. Heat mixed with strength and something else she couldn't describe. She felt a little dizzy. She went to drink water and lay down again, to her surprise she fell asleep quickly. The same dream was repeated the next night and another and another, only the man no longer appeared in it, but the visions and the voice remained. Erika was also no longer dizzy after waking up and nothing happened to her chest. She wasn't sure who to turn to. She didn't want to talk about it with aunt Lili; she didn't feel it was important enough. But it still seemed somewhat important to her, so she decided to go to the only witch of the mind she knew, Emma Burns. Kamila, Lenny and Diana were in the room too, playing cards and Emma was listening to music alone in the corner. Erika approached her and recounted everything she had dreamed about in front of everyone present. Everyone was surprised and explained that they were having the exact same dream with a few changes. "In my dream there was a woman in a white dress and a long ponytail. And she was holding an umbrella." Kamila said and Lenny added that it sounded like the woman he met with Diana in the woods. "There was a huge squirrel and then I was standing in a room full of computers. I felt a connection to all their software."

"Your biggest dream." Lenny stated, "In my dream, there was that archer from the forest, a giant dachshund, and me on the battlefield surrounded by enemies, but I was stronger than I've ever been."