10 | Truth and Dare

Choi Iseul

I couldn't sleep last night. My thoughts were going wild inside my head. The incident from last night wasn't leaving my mind even for a second.

Which was why my head was literally drooping as I stood at the cafe counter.

"Jeez, Iseul. Go get some rest, I'll cover for you." Said Seungmin, shaking his head as he made his way towards me.

"Did you not sleep last night?" Soobin asked me as I was making my way towards the break rooms.

"No."

"What were you even doing?"

"Thinking of how I could get rid of you and your annoying jokes."

"Ouch." Said Soobin, faking heartache.

I just rolled my eyes at his antics. Lack of sleep not only made me sleepy, but also annoyed. I was a heavy sleeper and my sleep was very precious to me.

If someone disturbed my sleep, they'd be dead.

I made myself comfortable on the little couch which was in the break room. It didn't take me long to fall asleep, seeing how tired I already was.

I just hoped Seungmin would wake me up soon.

***

I suddenly felt someone shake my shoulders, waking me up from the deep slumber that I was in. I was about to curse when I suddenly realised where I was.

"Iseul? Get up, the shift is over." Said Seungmin, waking me up.

My eyes shot open at that.

"What? Why didn't you wake me up sooner? I told you to!" I said, looking at him questioningly.

"Well... You looked like you really needed that rest." Said Seungmin.

"I was about to wake you up in like an hour but Seungmin told me not to disturb you." Soobin butted in out of nowhere.

"I'm so sorry for making you guys do all the work." I apologised.

"Nah, don't mention it." Said Soobin, waving his hands at me.

The three of us soon gathered our things to leave.

"We still have an hour before we go to Minho's." Said Seungmin, looking at the time on his phone.

Right. I had to go to Minho's place today. How did I forget that? Out of all the places that they had to choose. Ugh.

"Iseul? Are you even listening?" Seungmin asked, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh... Sorry. What did you say?"

"Well, I asked if there was anything you wanted to do to pass time." He said.

"I don't really have anything in mind,"

"Let's go to the banks of Han river then. We'll find enough things to do there." Seungmin declared.

"Sure, let's go." I agreed.

So now, here we were, sitting on a bench near the river. We just sat there, doing absolutely nothing, but still managed to not get bored.

"Hey Iseul?" Seungmin suddenly spoke up.

"Hm?"

"I don't know what's happening, but please sort out whatever misunderstandings you have with Eunseol and Minho. Those two are one of the brightest people I've ever met and they barely talk these days. Especially Eunseol." Said Seungmin, fidgeting with his hands. "I know it's not my place to say anything, but I can't see my friends like that."