Auditions: 1970

Steve's Pov:
Mick Stewert just left our band. It's currently the year 1970 and we thought that everything was fine, unfortunately over the past two years we've had guitarists go in and out of our band, first we had Frank Torpey, he left us, then we had Mick Stewart, and he also left us. It was bad news for me, I'm not so sure about Brian and Mick, but they do look like they want to give up. We had our chat with Chinn and Chapman and what do you know? They suggested we have another audition, they told us to make posters for us, we were called "The Sweet". We had auditions before, it was when we were considered "The Sweetshop", but it was too long of a name, thankfully Brian had come up with a shorter but effective name for us. Eventually we started to plan, and we made our official date for the auditions.

Audition day, 1970 (still Steve's pov):
Okay, today is auditioning day, and this time was different than before, again we had our auditions before, and usually only few to very little people showing up, but now it was different. We were sitting in the studio room and outside the door was a whole line filled with men and their guitars. Our drummer [Mick] gave me and Brian a pat on our shoulders and told us "Brace yourself fellas, we are going to have all day of this", and how he was right. It took us almost five hours and it felt like it took us the whole day, time was slow and almost auditioned every single person. Chinn and Chapman were about to call everything off until this man, stumbled through the room with his guitar, it was out of nowhere and he definitely caught everyone's eye, including me. He didn't look like the other men though, he was wearing a leather jacket, and these clothes made him look like he was in a biker club or something. The man had long hair, just like me and the other fellas and there was a cigarette hanging from his mouth. Chinn was a bit annoyed by him, "Excuse me Sir auditions are over", but he didn't listen nor seemed to care, he took out and plugged his guitar to an amplifier, as he adjusted his sunglasses and "cancer stick" (that's what kids used to call the cigarettes),  he faced us. "Yes I know I'm late but, I'm Andrew, and I'll be auditioning".

Andy's Pov:
I knew they weren't going to be happy with me, I heard the two producers whispering to each other, "don't like him, me either, he's way too scrutty" . I was introduced to the members, I first met the singer, blond hair and blue eyes, he introduced to me as Brian Connally. I was then I introduced to the drummer of the band, he had black hair, he told me his name was Michael Tucker, but he referred his nickname "Mick" so I went with it. Then there was Steve? Steph?  The curly redhead, who was the bassist. They seem chill, nice I suppose, Steve is something else though, at first I thought he was a homosexual, I shouldn't ask though, it seemed rude. Before I thought that, my dumbass told him "Nice to meet you ma'am", he looked at me with no expression and the others were looking at me like I was stupid. It took me a minute why they looked at me oddly, then I realized that he was a man, his name is literally Steve. I looked at him with an awkward expression. "Sorry." All he did was nod and say "No worries mate". I tried to forget about it and I was instructed to play and sing.

(Nicky) Chinn's pov:
Chapman and I didn't like this man one bit, honestly, he walks in like he owned shit and he even mistakes the bassist for a woman (never in my lifetime have seen anyone at an audition mistake someone for another gender). Idiot. But I have to admit, he was good, he auditioned his guitar playing, phenomenal! It was great. . . But out of nowhere the fucking amplifier blows up. I turn to my right to see (Mike) Chapman's face palming himself and the three band members were in shock. The guy auditioning had to continue playing without it but he was still good. We tested his singing, and we witnessed singing that no other man did. Chapman told me that he can sing in a high manner, it was so loud that we could hear him in any part of the room (keep in mind the studio was pretty big for its size) and we were able to hear him loud and clear. I mean, a man that could sing that high? Unbelievable. It was a few minutes later and he was the last person to audition (even though he came in late), for every person auditioning we asked them for their telephone number and told them we would call them back if they got the spot. Spoiler alert, Andy got it, he was preferred as Andy by the other band mates. Hopefully he doesn't fuck it up.