31

∞Designing and plotting∞

Aradhaya Singh Rajvansh

I overcame my fear with him by my side; it was oddly comforting and relieving. As everyone welcomed me with their introductions and their interest in working with me, I couldn't control my excitement to share this with Bhai. We entered the conference room, where the architect was already waiting for us. Confidence beamed out of me.

"Good morning, Mr. Verma," I greeted the young man with a smile.

"The morning turns good when you get to work with a young lady like you, Miss Rajvansh. Anyway, you can call me Kabir." His smile was genuine, I guess, but his hand stayed longer in mine for a handshake.

"I am also on the project to make your morning brighter, Mr. Verma." The architect left my hand hearing the handsome husk speaking behind me. Rudransh took a step forward, extending his hand to him. The architect smiled, though a hint of disappointment played on his face—or maybe I was thinking too much.

"Of course, Rudransh, it's a pleasure to get a chance to work with you." The man's wide smile widened but was cut short by Rudransh.

"I wonder when I allowed you to be on a first-name basis," Rudransh remarked, making the man chuckle with embarrassment. He smirked, walking past him toward me.

"Aradhaya, where would you like to sit?" With a tight-lipped smile, I slid to the side, eyeing him to drop the act, but he was being himself.

"That's Bhai's seat. I'll take this one." I pulled a chair across from Mr. Verma's, taking a seat. The man with a smug face sat beside me, and all I could see was that his smug face was making Mr. Verma's cover with embarrassment.

We started reviewing the designs his team had prepared. They were exceptional, and I could see Rudransh was also impressed with the smile that played on his lips.

"We believe you may already know, as per the instructions I got from Mr. Rajvansh, that your project is holding both modern and ethnic touches to your product. We are planning to add the outer boundary as a fence, giving a broader entrance to make parking easier. Along the complex, we are adding a storage house in the basement that will cover half of the total area, with the rest reserved for parking. The main hall will be divided into two sections: the left will house the reception, and the other half will be a display area. The elevator will be in the right corner, facilitating machinery housing." Kabir's presentation was sleek and interesting, covering every major portion of the complex area.

Rudransh looked at me, sensing my bubbling questions. "Speak it out," he whispered in my ear. I cleared my throat and raised my pen to point.

"Yes, Miss Rajvansh?" Kabir paused, giving me his attention.

"Can we have a meeting with the interior designer of your company?" He gave me a look, then shifted his eyes to Rudransh. "I mean, as much as the architecture of the complex is concerned, it looks promising, but we would want to know how the interior would enhance it. Doing it later might not be as efficient. If it goes hand in hand, it will save us time and give us more insight."

Kabir didn't look convinced with my proposition, so I turned my neck to face Rudransh, who was sitting beside me. "Do you agree with me?" I asked, maintaining neutrality.

"Miss Rajvansh, we have been doing this for years. The architecture is finalized first, and then the interior designer works with the space. It might be new for you, but that's how things are done." Kabir's chuckle cut through my thoughts before Rudransh could respond.

"Thinking is passive, Kabir. If it wasn't done before, we can do it now." I scoffed at his words, leaning back in my chair.

"How would it be any different, Mr. Chauhan?" Kabir audaciously ignored my words, directing his question at Rudransh.