Chapter Five

A few days passed. And it was the annual intercollegiate competition day. Everyone gives her blood and sweat to it. Mahir still couldn't get the courage to say Bela about his feelings. He wanted to spend some time but things are not that much easier. Whenever he gets time, he tries to meet her by standing outside of her class. But either she has a dance rehearsal or the other work. But Mahir has decided to do something after completing this competition. On the other side, Bela had discussed to Vishakha about Mahir's suspicious Behavior. How he was standing outside and peeping her. Vish just took that words in a casual and humor way. The competition was started. The Basketball match was quite thrilling at the end between to finalist team but at the end Mahir's brilliant smash got winning title. One the other side Bela was qualified for the next round but unfortunately when she was dancing her leg suddenly slipped and she got intolerable agony. That the large crowd formed surrounding her. That time Vish was in the green room preparing for play. On the other side, Mahir was enjoying his triumph. But he quickly reached the spot after hearing from Yashvi and Janhvi.

Bela's POV: I was about to go for my next step but my legged slipped with some substance and I fell to the ground. And suddenly I realized awful pain on my right leg. I couldn't move my leg. I saw the huge crowd and faculty members along teachers was helping me . I recognize some known face ( it was Mahir, Yashvi and Janhvi) who were also trying me to stand up but it was in vain at last they took me on the hospital.

After checking up by doctor. He prescribed some countable medicines and complete bed rest for fourteen days. But it was nothing a catastrophic injury.

It was a tenth day of my injury and my leg is now better situation. And thanks  not only to doctor but my regular visitors. No I am not talking about only Vish, but in this ten days Mahir also come and checking off. He advised me to refuse to appoint physiotherapist. Because he is an expert of physiotherapy. I cannot refused it and took his advice.

Every evening Vish and Mahir come at Bela's place to cheer up her. Mahir help her in doing stretches. And like that 9 days just swept up. Today is tenth day Bela was laying on her bed. She has been watching  a series at least for 4 hours continuously. Now she closed the mobile and kept it on a side. She checked the time on hanging watch. And called Aiyee. She Helped Bela to make over from her puffy face to fresh face.  

Aiyee, Bela's care taker. She is originally from Karnataka. She stays at this house before Bela came holding the hand of Anubhav. For Aiyee, Bela is her everything. Because she rescued Aiyee from the uncanny sexual harrasment of Aiyee's husband. Just because of her Aiyee got a new life to live. She knows from the very 1st day. The marriage between Bela and Anubhav are not stable. They liked and care about each other but they couldn't express. Her silences and his timidness couldn't make them one. After dying Anubhav Aiyee was the one who made Bela believe to stand up again and fullfill her dreams. 

"Look here is your iron clothes, And here is your extra adopter, and don't forget to take your medicines, food on time okay, I will be back by 11. " Aiyee said without taking any pause. 

" Don't worry Aiyee, I am 25. I know how to manage everything, and Vish and Mahir will be here na."

"And what about those 2 hours? You will be alone, they will go by 9 . "

"No 10, They will stay with me today more time."

"Haan, Haan I know your all friends they all are useless except that new boy, Mahir." 

" Aiyee you don't like Vish ?

" How do i like her, you say? instead of taking care of her, she always busy with her phone. That day I gave her one responsibility to give you the medicine and she forgot, how careless she is." she said making annoying face. 

"Ohh, Aiyee it's okay...Today everyone addict with that technology. You cannot blame her na. And talking about forgetting stuffs. She is fickle- minded. She is always engross with her theater group."

" What ever Bela, just take care okay. I will be back within 5 hours."

" Don't worry about me and go safely"

Between her conversation a sudden knock appeared. 

" Finally your two dorky came" 

" Aiyeeeeee"

" Okay, I am heading out" 

It's 9 o'clock. All three were bitching about the university. Two girls were shocked to see a boy can be a excellent bitcher. The charming  and handsome guy who is favourite to everyone. He has an powerful talent of bitching. 

"Wow! Mahir. We didn't know that you have this secret talent. " She said seductively and about to tossed her dark hair her phone beeped with a message. 

"Oh no, Bela, I have got to  go. My mom got hurt on finger while cutting vegies. Her bleeding is stopped. But you know na, tetanus is crucial. "

"You don't need to give me explanation, Vish. Please go. And it's 9 already. hurry up or else pharmacy will be shutdown. " I emphasized

" yeah and i am here with her, so go" 

" Thank you Bela, bye Mahir"

After hearing that Bela finally relaxed.
Here is the situation. Mahir gave a promise to Bela to help her in physiotherapy. As he has adequate knowledge about this due to basketball training. He comes everyday in these ten days. And this therapy is about to end, only four days left. After finishing college every evening Mahir comes with Vishakha. Because of that Mahir didn't find the moment to spend with Bela and confess about his filling. On the other hand Bela started enjoying the company of Mahir in this 10 days. How he takes care since the accident happened. She really appreciate that. But she doesn't have any feelings like Mahir does. 
After Vishaka's left both were watching India's match. Yes, Bela also a cricket addict like Mahir.
"Yes, ohooo, both were shouted when SKY cought a hat trick catch and out their opponent player."
In that moment when both were shouted Bela try to jump because she forgot about her injured leg and got hurt. 
"Ouchhh" Bela screamed holding her leg.
Immediately Mahir hold her. He sat on the bed opposite Bela and take that leg on his lap. And started massageing it. Bela cried in the pain.
"Mahir please.. Please Mahir it's hurting."
"Bela...it will be fine just wait and after 2 mins her the pain was started decreasing."
Mahir excuse himself and he bought ice cubes from the fridger.
He was again about to sit her opposite. But Bela hold his hand make him sit next to her which is very close.
Mahir can I hold your one hand when you started doing your next therapy? If you don't mind.
Mahir was surprised and happy to hear that at the same time.
He started massaging the ice on her wounded area. And Bela suddenly hold his hand tightly in pain. Mahir looked at her and completely lost in her. And unknowingly he gentally moved her hair that fell on her eyes. Now Bela also felt that soft touch and looked at him. Both locked eyes for few seconds.
"Bela..." He whispered her name , still looking into each other eyes.
"Hmm" She responses gently.
"Are you okay now? "
They broke the eyelock. Bela felt an unknown feeling and that is why she didn't response.
"I will give you painkiller after having dinner. "
"Oh, haan dinner, Mahir Aiyee kept that on the kitchen. It is covered. "
Mahir bought the food and was going to serve on the plate. But Bela stopped him. And said  " You are doing many things for me at least let me do this."
She served the food and gave it to him.

"No, Bela I will not eat."

Bela was afraid to hear that.

"Why? Don't you eat Paneer Paratha? I am so sorry Mahir. "

"No not like that, I will not eat with my hands."

"Bela understood his sweet wish and feed him with her hand"

Mahir also did the same. The new feeling is started growing into Both of them hearts.

After giving her medicine suddenly Bela hugged him tightly.

Thank you Mahir... For taking care of me.

Before Mahir could confess his feelings a bell appeared at the door. It's none other than Aiyee.