i. 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐬

Spelling mistakes are to nicely be pointed out. <3

-  𝐓𝐖: Blood & a little gore (if you squint), talk of weapons.

1219 words -

- Aishas POV -

"Fuck that!" I hissed as I hid behind a broken car, "shit" I groan in pain holding a hand over the scratch "Stupid fuckin' infected" I say as I remove my hand to take a look at the scratch from the infected, blood starting to leak "Stupid fucker" I add getting back up walking over to the dead infected, slowly checking if the coast was clear so I could snatch my knife back.

In a quick motion, I bend down to the zombie's head getting a grip of my knife and pulling it out. As I stood back up looking around for a second I looked back at the infected that was now lying motionless on the ground, I gave the head a little kick letting out a small scoff in the process before picking my backpack up and wandering off.

I walked around for some time looking at the different buildings, the air was filled with silence only the sounds of birds echoing throughout the place, I continued walking my sneakers scraping the grounds beneath me as I looked through the windows of some shops that had been fully picked over, one of the shops being an -adult toys & undergarments- shop... it seemed interesting, and I was debating going in to take a look, but I needed to find food to keep myself energized and, well- so I won't die of starvation at 17-,  I found a building with a few windows that looked interesting to take a look at.

It took me about 5 minutes to find an actual entrance where I didn't have to do too much to push my body through a crack, I got in and took out my flashlight to look around the place, there was a pretty big amount of stuff that hadn't been pocketed yet, I only took what was needed to survive tho, I found a bag of raw spaghetti laying in a corner "Jackpot!"I whispered to myself, I picked it up to look for any damage, the bag was practically sealed shut, there being nothing wrong with it I put it in my backpack.

I turn to go around the rest of the shelves. The shop was very cramped and the entrances were very small so I wasn't scared of running into an infected, it would have jumped me the moment I got in if there ever was one, I looked at the useless stuff that was slowly catching spider webs and dust as I spot a knife on the bottom shelf at the end of the row.

"Jackpot twice!" I whisper to myself again happy to have 2 knives ¨I am really lucky today, aren't I?¨ I think to myself as I check the last couple of shelves for stuff, not finding anything important that could help me along the way.

I head out of the shop as I hear a gunshot, I freeze. I quickly shake off the shock finding a trash can to hide behind, I scan the parts of the area I can see from behind the object, nothing being in sight. As soon as I was about to run a stone under my shoe screeches alerting an infected that I hadn't spotted, it quickly turns its head in my direction letting out a loud clicker screech, fear overcomes me as the infected starts storming in my direction.

I quickly head out from my spot onto the middle of the street, franticly looking around for a way to go, I run down the street with every power I have left to find somewhere safe to head to, as I start to lose my stamina I reach for the knife I had pocketed, I would have to fight it. I had no other option, I took out my knife and unfolded it.

I stopped dead in my tracks swiftly turning around, at the same moment the infected had caught up close to me, I held my knife out as it charged towards me, It caught me and as I tried to stab it in the head multiple times, the infected also managed to dodge every time, my strength loosened as it tumbled me to the ground, I let out a scream as it scratched at my skin harshly, I aggressively tried to stab it everywhere I could reach miserably failing every time.

₁₀ *Gunshot* Suddenly the infected stopped moving as I pushed it off me in a hurry moving back in terror, I slowly crept over to it seeing a huge hole at the top of its skull "It's dead" a voice was heard from behind me, I quickly turned around in fear holding out my knife as my best defense, a group of people on horses were standing in front of me with guns pointing directly at me "I-im not infected! I-i-i swear! don't, shoot!" I trembled over my words "What's your name?" The man asked "A-Aisha" I added shaking still holding the knife up.

₁₁ "Drop the weapon, and put it out of hands reach" the guy aggressively demanded, he looked like the leader of their group. It took me a moment to give in and throw my knife to the floor, I did have a spare knife in case they tried anything. Not that it would help me in any way- "We have a dog that can smell if a person is infected or not, if you aren't infected he will walk back, if you are he will rip you to shreds, understand?" The man states making me nervous, I nod persistently to not make him doubt a shot to my forehead, the dog went close to me with gritted teeth and started sniffing me around, after a little, it slowly went back to the human that had unleashed it before.

₁₂ "She's clear" the woman announced, ¨well no shit I said I was¨ as I went to turn around to grab my knife it was gone "Did you take my knife?" I said getting a little mad that they took a weapon I just fetched myself "We don't want you to hurt us on the way back" the woman said now sounding a little sweet ¨How the fuck did they do that without me noticing?¨ "Where are your parents?" she added ".. T-they died a long time ago" I hesitated to bring them up "We could bring you back with us? if you're okay with that, and we could help you rinse those nasty wounds," she said as I took a look at the areas that hurt.

₁₃ They were pretty nasty... "Do you have food?" I asked "Plenty of it," the woman said with a smile "I guess I could use a home.." I said softening a little, I had never actually found someone who wanted to help me, it was nice to finally find someone who cared a little, plus I can't keep supplying myself out there alone, I would probably die sooner or later if they hadn't found me and shot that infected off of me "Come on let's get you back and Heal your wounds" the lady said as she helped me onto a horse...